Recent content by Daniel_GT

1. D

SRX300 Firmware

Does anyone have a link to the latest recommended version (Junos 21.2R3-S2) please?
  2. D

napp-it autosnap: include ESXi hot snaps in ZFS snaps

Thank you gea, I'm aware of all of that - I think you misunderstood my question. Unless I'm fundamentally mistaken, replication and snapping cannot be completely different, the replication job must create a snapshot on the source filesystem and use this (and zfs send | receive) to incrementally...
  3. D

gea, your thread reply here suggests I may need to modify the job number in the replication script to point to an ESXi hot-snapped stream, rather than the new snap that the new replication job creates automatically? Is that how I should be viewing it?
  4. D

Thanks gea, I understand that and run ESXi hot snaps on both zfs1 and zfs2 every day. If I create a new replication job in the GUI I don't see an option to run the pre and post scripts on that new snap.
  5. D

I would like to be able to use this feature alongside replication. As I understand it, the process of replication for a source (say zfs1) to a target host (say zfs2) involves taking a standard snapshot on the source, then pulling the stream onto the target - updating the replicated file system...
  6. D

Can't shut down ESXi 5.5 host fully

Thanks @ZeroOne but don't worry about it now, I've pretty much given up the ghost on getting this to work - plus bricked one ASMB6 by playing about with firmware. The way I see it is that this module can act as a handy monitor for hardware status even if it won't play nicely with ESXi, but no...
  7. D

@ZeroOne Would you share your BIOS config? I'm still having no luck with the ASMB6 and the Z9PE-D8, latest everything. Additionally, can you power on your server from the BMC?
  8. D

That seems to do the job, good spot, thanks. I've updated the z9pe-d8 BIOS to the latest version 5601 Motherboard - Z9PE-D8 WS - ASUS, additionally flashed firmware for the ASMB6 to 1.14 (not available through the official Asus page though some googling tracked it down ASUS ASMB6-iKVM drivers...
  9. D

Thanks Ulrich, do you have a link you can share? Can't see anything on the official downloads page for either my mobo (see above) or the ASMB6?
  10. D

I'd like to chip in on this one. I'm using the ASMB6 with the 1.10 firmware, on a Z9PE-D8 WS board and ESXi 5.5 update 2. Can confirm that, out of the box so to speak, the host will not perform a graceful shutdown. It seems to send the signal which starts the process and stalls right at the...