Recent content by danb35

1. D

Enterprise Wireless with local management

There's always Unifi as well.
  2. D

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

This seems like it'd be an interesting project to follow. A used ZD1200 from eBay is pretty cheap, but running the software on my existing Proxmox cluster still seems more efficient.
  3. D

Common POE issues with Ruckus R710?

Thanks for the suggestions--I pulled the unit apart and don't see anything obviously scorched. I was hoping there was a fairly well-known issue: "Oh, that usually means L1 has burned out. Here's how to test it, and how to replace it if needed". But it doesn't sound like that's the case.
  4. D

Common POE issues with Ruckus R710?

tl;dr: Are there any known hardware troubleshooting guides, or known common hardware problems, with POE on a Ruckus R710? Background: a few months ago, I bought a R710 access point off eBay that was sold as "for parts or not working"--the description said it lit up but there was no further...
  5. D

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I'm using Oxidized to back up mine, and it's working fine--don't know if information there would help though.
  6. D

Thanks for the info. I'm currently running four Unifi APs--two inside my home (which is probably overkill; one would likely be fine), one on the front porch, and one in a detached workshop building. I could easily cut that down to three, particularly if coverage with Ruckus is better (as it...
  7. D

Maybe a dumb question, and doubtless a little off-topic, but why would someone want to run a ZoneDirector rather than Unleashed? Is there any benefit to it in a home setting? Or is this something that would only be beneficial in a much larger environment?
  8. D

See the "Port Layout" section here: https://fohdeesha.com/docs/fcx.html
  9. D

I'd expect they'd work the same as any other port--have you tried?
  10. D

Recommended 10Gb NIC for Proxmox + Ceph Lab

I have Chelsio T420s in three of my Proxmox nodes, and a Solarflare 5122 in the fourth. All are working well, but the Solarflare card will be cheaper.
  11. D

Interesting. I haven't tried it either, and I'd have to look for the syntax to tftp it, but when you say "ready to be pasted", do you mean I could just paste the whole thing into a terminal window? Seems like a simple way to do it, but that hadn't occurred to me. Looks like I'd still need to...
  12. D

Thanks for the pointers. I now have Oxidized set up, systemd unit running, picking up configs from both my 6610 and my 6450, sending them to my local Gitea server. Backups, backups, backups. But it leaves me wondering something: is this backup something I can directly upload or import into...
  13. D

Thanks, @AndroidCat, I'll have to give that a try--I'd been having trouble myself. Are the credentials required even when you're using public-key authentication? And I'd expected the model would be fastiron, not ironware. Edit: I see that the problem on my 6450 (firmware version 8.0.30u) is...
  14. D

Router hardware recommendation - > 1 Gbps WAN

At $400? Ouch. At that plus one of the 2.5 GbE units, I'm bordering on the price of that SuperMicro unit I mentioned in the OP. But more than one way to skin the proverbial cat.
  15. D

Router hardware recommendation - > 1 Gbps WAN

It is. "Installation" is next Thursday afternoon, so I'll see what I get then. The cases where I've wanted it have been when there's trouble on restart. Since my Protectli box doesn't have it, I have a 7" LCD screen hooked up to it, and I can plug in a keyboard when needed, but it's kind of...