Recent content by Dan K.

1. D

FS.com XL710 Network Adapters

Good find. So these are essentially the same as the knock offs/counterfeits on ebay? I'm not really worried about RDMA. AFAIK my switch doesn't support it so I couldn't handle that without direct connections anyway.
  2. D

FS.com XL710 Network Adapters

Does anyone have experience with these? I'm looking to move a low power home lab to Proxmox on a Ubnt ES-16-XG so I'm wondering if there are any issues there. The product page shows pretty wide compatibility with Linux and other OS's. Any reason I should choose Mellanox X3 2 port over this? The...
  3. D

Intel Optane 900p SSD Released in AIC and U.2 Form Factors

Anyone know if I can run the U.2 version on one of these? NVME PCIe SSD U.2 U2 Kit SFF-8639 Adapter & Cable for Mainboard Intel SSD 750 | eBay I'm worried it may use too much power? I read another review that said, "the level of performance offered by the Optane SSD 900P cannot currently fit...
  4. D

FINAL Bachelor Build - Xeon D vSAN Cluster

Ahaa that's what the customized transceivers are!
  5. D

What issues would improper coding cause? Just wondering if there may be some unapparent issue with mine that I haven't discovered yet o_O
  6. D

Curious...why do the optics need to be coded? I picked up some f5 optics on eBay for my es-16-xg and haven't had issues...that I know of.
  7. D

Mellanox ConnectX-2 Firmware

Nope it's not showing as enabled for me :\. I also reinstalled the 5.35 WinOF package after flashing the firmware. I should probably try a clean install. I'm also wondering if the Hyper-V adapter has anything to do with it. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Get-NetAdapterRdma Name...
  8. D

Have you tested the full throughput of the cards on Windows? I'm getting about 550-600MB/s receive and 650-700MB/s sending on bare metal Windows 10. On a Windows 10 VM on ESXi with vmxnet3 I get full 10G up and down. Still trying to work that out. I tried running the various perf tuning profiles...
  9. D

Your instructions worked perfectly! I'm now on 2.10.720.
  10. D

Awesome, thanks! I'll give it a shot tomorrow.
  11. D

I just picked up a couple of the connectx-2s. Where can I download the 2.9.8350 FW? Thanks!
  12. D

$509.90 - Ubiquiti Networks US-16-XG 10G 16-Port Managed Aggregation Switch

Thank you! It also seems it's not really compatible with any Intel base-T add in cards right now? At least the most popular x540s.
  13. D

$509.90 - Ubiquiti Networks US-16-XG 10G 16-Port Managed Aggregation Switch

Does anyone know if this switch works with the xeon D embedded sfp+ ports? I'm seeing mixed information everywhere.