1. damienr

EU FS:Remove

Can you please provide models and rank?
  2. damienr

Samsung PM883 960GB 2.5" SATA — $54

Grabbed a couple. Nice find, thanks
  3. damienr

Proxmox shared pass through Quadro to multiple VM

That's a good question. Kind of, kind of not. Looking back, no more 'hacky' than the process to make GPU passthrough work. If memory serves, a few options I had to perform then, now come standard on Proxmox. Like GRUB. Guides are also more refined now, so steps are easier to take (just looking...
  4. damienr

Proxmox shared pass through Quadro to multiple VM

vGPU_Unlock perhaps? GitHub - DualCoder/vgpu_unlock: Unlock vGPU functionality for consumer grade GPUs. I had it running up to Kernel 5.12 I think, but beyond that it broke (and I didn't care enough to fix it). Up until that stage, it was working in Proxmox 7 for me. 470.63 NVidia driver. I...
  5. damienr

And so it begins... First AMD Ryzen AM4 server motherboard.

Mine worked okay, but I had it erase everything and then set it back up manually. Still on beta BIOS 4.21 for now.
  6. damienr

AsRock Rack X470D4U $199 @ Newegg

Good choice - probably not worth it this late in to the game. I actually recently asked of ASRock's intent to support the Zen3 5000 series on the X470, and they answered in the affirmative, subject to waiting on the appropriate AGESA from AMD, due Jan '21. Regardless, people are now offloading...
  7. damienr

AsRock Rack X470D4U $199 @ Newegg

Cybertron, I can attest to perfect working under ESXI. Started with 6.5 and upgraded to 7.0 when it was released. No issues at all. Moved from ESXI to Proxmox due to change of direction. Great motherboard - have owned since April 2019, still using a first-gen Ryzen 1700.
  8. damienr

Ah yeah I found it. Posting for reference: ftp.asrockrack.com u racktsd p rack#123 EDIT: Removed the subdomain part since it was invalid for connecting. You'll be in ftproot, so just need to browse list for the x470d4u dir
  9. damienr

@EffrafaxOfWug Looking at the website, they still haven't published any newer BIOS/BMC than 3.20 and 1.6 respectively. I imagine you procured from them direct via an open dialog re: your issues? I'm not in a rush to update -- it has been stable with the exception of one issue that turned out to...
  10. damienr

Do you mind sharing your source of knowledge on that issue? Previously I stated an issue with ESXI once I updated the BIOS - and had to rollback. I'm now on 6.7.0U3 still without issue on that previous BIOS. Note I'm also on the first generation Ryzen 1700; so perhaps not limited to Zen2...
  11. damienr

FYI - I had an issue with the newest 3.10 ROM and ESXI (6.7 build 13644319) booting. Unfortunately would hang on "Initializing Storage Stack". Had to rollback to the 1.50 ROM. Booting from an NVME Samsung 950 EVO. Fortunately I'm still on a Ryzen 1700. Had my board since close to release...
  12. damienr

E3C224D2I Motherboard $83/$110 - LGA1150, ECC, IPMI, MITX

Had a bitch of a time getting IPMI to play nice with Java. Could try again (I had given up). It might just complement at this stage, rather than replace. I'll end up re-purposing the Tyan regardless (maybe networking node lab or something) I also bought that Tyan on one of the last sales...
  13. damienr

E3C224D2I Motherboard $83/$110 - LGA1150, ECC, IPMI, MITX

Tyan S5533GM2NR-LE, also Mini-ITX https://www.tyan.com/Motherboards_S5533_S5533GM2NR-LE It runs Proxmox hypervisor -- with opnSense and an Ubuntu container (XRDP, Apache Guacamole, qBittorrent) May be interested in the 1265L depending on the price?