Recent content by daisho

1. D

windows 2022 server can't access omnios smb share

btw, possible versions for min_protocol and max_protocol are probably as following (from illumos-gate-master/usr/src/lib/smbsrv/libsmb/common/smb_cfg.c) /* * We store the max SMB protocol version in SMF as a string, * (for convenience of svccfg etc) but the programmatic get/set * interfaces...
  2. D

windows 2022 server can't access omnios smb share

Is it possible that it is not fixed yet? In the feature I see that there is still a blocking issue: Feature #14047: Add support for SMB 3.1.1 AES-256 - illumos gate - illumos I am still on W10 and maybe it is a different issue, but I lately updated my OmniOS to omnios-r151038-96eabf6ba4...
  3. D

Is Napp-IT-all-in-one ready for use with ESXi 7?

Deployed the 034 as a test and that worked fine out of the box with 7.0.0, vcenter 16189207 / vsphere 5843807.
  4. D

How does (or should) Intel Dynamic LAG work?

I am desperately trying to get more than 10gbe over my X550-T2 nic over to my ESXi with a X710-T4. The exact flowchart: 1) Windows 10 Pro, X550-T2 with both ports teamed using IEEE 802.3ad Dynamic Link Aggregation (according to Intel PROSet Adapter Config Utility) Settings: Jumbo-Packets MTU...
  5. D

Is Napp-IT-all-in-one ready for use with ESXi 7?

I upgraded my server this week and everything is running fine (omnios *34 already). My LSI 2308 based controller was ditched anyway as it was onboard previously, now having a 3008 which works just fine. btw, if someone tries to deploy the latest stable OVA template from napp-it in ESXi 7.x you...
  6. D

[Solved] SAS3008 not SR-IOV capable?

Swapped slot (although they are all directly connected to CPU), re-flashed the controller, now it also has the mpt3x64.rom flashed (which was missing when shipped for some reason) if that matters for anything. Already had nightmares about missing support by Epyc Rome or changes in VMware7 ...
  7. D

[Solved] SAS3008 not SR-IOV capable?

Hi, I just upgraded my server from 6.7 with an older SuperMicro board (including an SAS2008 controller) to 7.0 and an SAS3008 controller. Exact product: Broadcom SAS 9300-8i, LSI00344 (should be a HBA in IT mode as far as I know?) In ESXi that controller is not listed as SR-IOV / Passthrough...
  8. D

rsync or cp creates trivial ACLs on the destination

The page which updates after pressing ok shows indeed: ACL_reset: initiate reset operation /usr/bin/chmod -Rf A=user:root:rwxpdDaARWcCos:fd-----:allow '/repository/nfs/Keksi' But doesn't update further. After this try I saw that there was a root full permission afterwards (no default...
  9. D

Hi, I am working on a pretty new pool, ACL inherit/mode are passthrough/passthrough. I set up the main folder with the ACL settings I wanted, then clicked on "rest ACL's", made sure "current folder" is selected in the drop-down, checked "recursive" option. But instead of every sub-folder...
  10. D

Check efficiency of lz4 compression in ZFS

Thanks to you both. Now that I've actually enabled lz4 compression I can see the different ratios (on rpool it was enabled already).
  11. D

Thanks, current ratio is 1.00 because apparently I have to enable the feature also on the ZFS filesystem and not only the pool :( (/edit: or at least it is not sufficient that the pool lists the feature as activated)
  12. D

Oh well, shame on me. Didn't know that the reset does that (guessed it would reset to some default values). That is very handy to have!
  13. D

Hi, is it possible to see the real space usage of a file in ZFS when e.g. lz4 compression is enabled? When I do a ls -l of a folder it looks like it shows the non-compressed size (or compression is completely ineffective for those files) though. Anyone already hampered with that kind of stuff...
  14. D

I also for the first time now learned about the inheritance-methods (pass-through, restricted, ...). I always saw it when checking my pools on the far right but never really gave it any notice. For now I just copied all the data via my windows workstation as also cp tool did create those...
  15. D

I saw in the options info of rsync that it also has parameters to preserve ACL, but the thing is I don't want to actually "preserve" the old ACLs because they are a mess and the new pool has nice pre-configured group access rights that I can assign to whoever user I create afterwards. Currently...