Recent content by cyruspy

1. C

ARISTA DCS-7050SX-64 R going for US$125.00 | EBay

Thanks. It seems the cheapest alternative is DCS-7050QX-32 for around usd 300.
  2. C

ARISTA DCS-7050SX-64 R going for US$125.00 | EBay

can you run SoNIC on this switch?, otherwise, are the Arista firmware upgrades freely available?
  3. C

Tesla P4 - 8GB / US$ 100 or even lower

how noisy are those blowers?, would it get any better with fans?
  4. C

Tesla P4 - 8GB / US$ 100 or even lower

so, what's the best configuration to quietly provide the required cooling to a P4?
  5. C

[WTB] Pluribus NvOS Netvisor OS image

Can you share whatever you have?
  6. C

From the public doc, if running lower than 3.1.1, upgrade to higher versions is not supported. So the jump should be <any previos version> --> 3.1.1 --> 6.x/5.x Do you have any other files?, could you share those?
  7. C

did you ever solve this?, I need to rescue an E28Q in the same situation..
  8. C

[US] [WTB] Intel S2600CP2J

Thanks for the offering, I had really great experience with Supermicro in other builds. Unluckily I won't be able to make that fit with the existing case & accessories (P4308XXMFGN case + air duct + heatsinks)
  9. C

Thanks, I've seen the "hangs for several minutes" thing. I really don't like its behavior (seems Intel can only build decent processors & NICs). Unluckily ducts & case won't fit a Supermicro alternative. Will ping you once I try my last install attempt. PS: I'm still waiting for a price tag :)
  10. C

Might give it a try. I'm coming back home next week and will try my last attempt at resurrecting the current MB. Do you care to elaborate on the "temperamental" part? how much are you asking for?
  11. C

I have an aging LGA2011 setup that I would like to salvage. Current S2600CP2J MB is acting up, onboard Ethernet + BMC are dead and it boots up when it wants to. I'm looking for an inexpensive fix replacing the MB with a fully functional S2600CP2J in case somebody wants to get rid of something...
  12. C

CSE-M28SACB fan

As of today, stock fans & ducts. I'm looking forward to discard the Intel motherboard, which might trigger duct discarding (seems Supermicro socket alignment are not the same as my s2600cp2j). But that's a different quest...
  13. C

CSE-M28SACB fan

Thanks!, Should it be safe to operate it without the fan and backplate then?
  14. C

CSE-M28SACB fan

Hello!, I got a CSE-M28SACB disk cage, it sports a super noisy fan. Given it's mounted in a P4000M Intel chassis with air ducts and stock fans, would it be possible to just remove the cage fan?. It's super tiny & noisy, interestingly though, I've seen pictures of the cage without the fan and...
  15. C

Intel S2600CP2J replacement

My Intel S2600CP2J based home lab server is acting up once more. I'm fed up and would like to throw the MB away (it has always been weird/wonky) It's currently matched with an Intel P4000M case, with compatible Intel air duct, CPU heatsinks, 2x e5-2680 V2 and 16*32GB RAM sticks. Is there any...