Recent content by csmz

1. C

Here's a $1.3k switch for you: 18x 40Gig QSFP and 40x 10gig SFP+

We have been running these for quite some time now, I can only say that with Finisar SFP+, they are about 150 W with a bunch of ports used. So its not too bad given the extreme performance these puppies put out. No QFSP experience.
  2. C

Quanta LB4M 48-Port Gigabit Switch Discussion

I think it may be that the switch is "rough" around the edges for users who are not familiar/adapt to its syntax or used to a "soho" switch. It has its annoying shortcomings, like some items simply not existing in gui such as jumbo frame for trunks, so you really need to go and telnet into it if...
  3. C

I can confirm that the SFP Ports will work with Finisar FTLX8571D3BCL and connect at 10GB.
  4. C

Another Cheap 10Gb Switch Option (Netgear 4 x SFP+ and more)!

I am trying to understand the logic of using 1g switches with 10g SFP uplinks in the "about a grand" pricepoint when you can go all out 10gbase for a similar price. Considering the 10G nics are also just around 60$ each including transcievers, I fail to see the usecase for spending a grand in...
  5. C

I can confirm that this NIC and these Finisar not only work with the Gnodal but also the LB4M, as I have one of those next to the Gnodal to handle RJ45 traffic. And yes, you can hook any port of the Gnodal to the SFP+ of the LB4M using Finisars and LC-LC Om3 to have those switches connected...
  6. C

Just make sure its actually not a management/console port. they only do 100mbit.
  7. C

Hi all, I have a GS4008 in operation, it was purchased in unopened box and came with all accessories. It is 2.6.1 version. I have had the following success, if not specified I use LC-LC OM3 cables. Finisar FTLX8571D3BCL 10 Gbit/s 850 nm SFP+ Transceiver the Finisar Transciever is very cheap...