Recent content by Crocodil

1. C

WD SN200 is showing 3.2TB instead of 3.84TB

@physx Hi :⁠-⁠) In the end that's basically what I did - I've bought an M.2 to SFF-8643 adapter with SFF-8643 to SFF-8639 / U.2 cable and I've mounted the SSD next to an intake fan. It's not in the best orientation (vertical instead of horizontal) but the temperature still went down by about 15...
  2. C

I have bought a different adapter ("U.2 to M.2" similar to this one) which allowed me to move the SSD to a better ventilated location in the case (not without problems). The temperature went down by good 12-14C to far more acceptable 46-48C.
  3. C

This is a desktop PC with mesh front and a rather good airflow (SilentiumPC SG7V). The SSD is placed in the bottom PCIE slot of a B550 Aorus Pro V2 motherboard using an adapter like this: U.2 PCIe 4.0 Adpater for 2.5 inch U.2 SSD (SFF-8639) (with open back). I did read that the U.2 SSDs have...
  4. C

Hi :) I can confirm that this has been a problem with configuration. I was able to solve it by running the hdm command: hdm reset-to-defaults --path /dev/nvme2n1 The only problem was that the link I've posted has a Windows version and it requires a driver that's not included. Instead I've...
  5. C

Thank you very much, I'm going to try all your suggestions. @111alan Where can I download the software from? The only link I can find is: Application HGST HGST Device Manager 3.4.0
  6. C

I think CrystalDiskInfo always shows the full useable capacity but I'll try smartmontools as well. That was one of my ideas as well but I cannot find any tools to manage the over provisioning for WD SSDs.
  7. C

Hi, I don't think it was just a label swap, as the model number on the label and in firmware both match and point to the 3.84TB version. Serial number also both match. I forgot to attach the pictures previously (sorry for Polish CDI): I've bought it on Allegro which is sort of a Polish...
  8. C

Hi, I have bought a WD/HGST Ultrastar SN200. The SSD was supposed to be unused and have a capacity of 3.84TB. When I unpacked it, I've noticed that on the sides there are very light traces of the disk being mounted. They're barely visible and impossible to show on a photo so maybe it's just...