Recent content by CrimsonKnight13

1. CrimsonKnight13

BIOS for Gen10 Microserver

Since the file is locked behind a service agreement, you might want to find the file on the SPP ISO instead (if you're able to download it). Software Details - ROM Flash Firmware Package - HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 Plus (U48) Servers | HPE Support U48_2.54_10_21_2021.fwpkg Gen10...
  2. CrimsonKnight13

esxi 7.0U3

I'll see what I can find after work.
  3. CrimsonKnight13

esxi 7.0U3

Do you have the original ISO or need alternate links?
  4. CrimsonKnight13

esxi 7.0U3

Maybe this page might help. Lists a bunch of Intel related downloads for ESXi 7.0U3 since it's not available from VMware. VMware ESXi 7.0 Update 3 on Intel NUC | virten.net You could also extract the related vib from the ISO & see if it works on U2.
  5. CrimsonKnight13

"USB 3.2 Gen 1/Gen 2 devices can only be used for data storage only"?

I was thinking of the x4 kind which will double the bandwidth at 20Gbps
  6. CrimsonKnight13

"USB 3.2 Gen 1/Gen 2 devices can only be used for data storage only"?

Might be a better shot just to go with a PCIe NIC or USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 card.
  7. CrimsonKnight13

TPM 2.0 board requirements for ESXi 7.0 vTPMs?

As per Virtual Trusted Platform Module Overview (vmware.com) " A vTPM does not require a physical Trusted Platform Module (TPM) 2.0 chip to be present on the ESXi host. However, if you want to perform host attestation, an external entity, such as a TPM 2.0 physical chip, is required. See...
  8. CrimsonKnight13

HPE custom ESX 7 gen8 sl230

I recommend trying the first image on the list - VMware-ESXi-7.0.2-17867351-HPE-702.0.0.10.7.0.52-May2021.iso Download VMware vSphere - VMware Customer Connect
  9. CrimsonKnight13

Unable to edit or remove signature

Thanks for clearing it & adding the option for me!
  10. CrimsonKnight13

I joined 2012 when that option was available. Being a lurker with a low post count probably doesn't help with tiered features locked behind participation.
  11. CrimsonKnight13

I can't recall how long ago I edited my signature but I no longer see the ability to edit or remove it. Could it be removed if I can't edit it? Thanks!
  12. CrimsonKnight13

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

I bought one off of eBay for $200 & it works great. Using a 512GB nvme & 32GB G.SKill Aegis DDR4 UDIMMs with fully updated UEFI & iLO4 FW. After reading this thread, I've avoided using any drives in the bays since it does get very hot inside.
  13. CrimsonKnight13

IBM M1015 Firmware - What to flash with

I'll stick with IT mode since I prefer to use it as a HBA. Can I update the firmware from the GUI console as one normally would?
  14. CrimsonKnight13

IBM M1015 Firmware - What to flash with

P11 to P12 Update What is the best method to update the firmware from P11 to P12 for the M1015 in IT mode? Will I have to clear EEPROM data before I update it or is this only required when changing modes (IR <-> IT)? What are the benefits to IR mode vs. IT mode? Thanks for any insight.