Recent content by craneopbru

1. C

Server and Parts Dump - OBO Pricing

Bringing this back from the dead, but do you still have any of these CPUS?
  2. C

Mellanox MCX311A-XCAT 10 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe Adapter Card ConnectX-3 CX311A $12 obo + $15 Shipping

The benefit of going with that card is the availability of Mac drivers. Although the one that i just ordered is showing absolutely abysmal transfer speeds in a Mac Pro - about 2 Gb/s. I also find that it's somewhat picky about transceivers; it refuses to recognize any of my FibreStore transceivers.
  3. C

FS/FT/WTB/WTT sfbayzfs Pt 1: Systems, backplanes, controllers, expanders, mobos, procs, RAM

Add me to the list of satisfied customers. Just wanted to say Thanks for getting the motherboard/cpu/ram shipped out during the holidays.
  4. C

Supermicro Storage Beast!!! -- 72 Drives in 4U! E5..ETC!

My first thought is that you'd have to pull the server offline to swap the bad drive and then bring it back up.
  5. C

Supermicro Storage Beast!!! -- 72 Drives in 4U! E5..ETC!

To be fair, the barebones you linked to already includes the motherboard. That being said, this is an INSANE deal for whoever happens to be looking for that exact config right now. This thing is listed at about 40% of what it would cost you to build it new right now.
  6. C

WD4000FYYZ WD RE SATA $119

...factory re-certified...limited warranty..90 to 120 days with WD. Guaranteed...working order, or send it back to me for a replacement within 3 months ...may take up to 15 days to ship to you after your purchase date Limit 2 per shipping address Uh....no, thanks.
  7. C

Likelihood of a fake Chelsio.

The pictures in the auction are definitely of a Cheslio card and I'd have ebay buyer protection, but I'd be shafted paying return shipping to China for a refund. I was half hoping for someone to talk me out of buying yet something else that I really don't need but really do want. Not working...
  8. C

Likelihood of a fake Chelsio.

We all know the saying "If it sounds too good to be true..." I found a dual port Chelsio 10gbe card with 2 transceivers included for a VERY reasonable price. Almost TOO reasonable. It's shipping from china, which is making me even more hesitant. Are there known to have been fakes produced...
  9. C

Corsair 60gb ssd 30$CND

Good deal, especially with the exchange rate the way it is. But you should probably disclose the fact that you posted an affiliate link.
  10. C

Supermicro 846 chassis & Rackable SE3016 sharing power

I was looking around for something unrelated and stumbled upon the solution to your problem. I found these on NCIX for $6 CAD. Get four of them; put two in your supermicro chassis and use the bracket as a template to cut holes in your rackable enclosure an mount the plugs. Get a couple of $5...
  11. C

I wouldn't bother trying to use anything other than the connectors and wiring that are already there. You don't need to run one big fat wire; you can run multiple smaller ones. You have to see how many and what kind of connectors you have free on your supermicro power supply. I just checked...
  12. C

Well, I would think that the fact that he specifically highlighted the point that the PSU in his Supermicro Chassis has redundant 80 plus power supplies while the JBOD enclosure has neither redundant nor 80plus power would a fairly good answer to the question of "Why not just plug them into the...