Recent content by craig5571

1. C

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I use the icx 7250-24p , Version 08.0.92T213 .. i have vonage for my phone service . i have been told my phone calls have been breaking up alot.. is there a way to setup QOS to fix this.. ( just trying to find out if this is the issue) my setup is this arris surfboard 8200 ( cable modem)...
  2. C

major thank you!! , have you modified the fans at all? I can totally live with the 7250P stock , but if I could make it quieter and keep it cool ( the most important thing ) that would be nice.. ( the switch is on the shelf about six feet to my left at approximately ear height.. ) I was...
  3. C

Dual Xeon-D

yes that would suck... I'll dig in and find out.. yep I screwed up.. lol.. although I did find this https://www.innodisk.com/en/products/embedded-peripheral/display/EGPV-1101 https://www.wdlsystems.com/Innodisk-EGPV-1101-M.2-to-Single-HDMI-or-DVI-D-Module-0C-to-70C...
  4. C

Poor performance 10GBE network.. why??

thanks my NAS only has 4 HGST He8 (8tb) drives.. I really appreciate the help, it convinces me I'm not crazy and it is doable...
  5. C

Dual Xeon-D

now this is interesting... and only 40$ plus shipping. m.2 vga card... thats the one thing this board doesn't have.. Linus tech tips talks about the product.. Where I ordered it.. https://www.digikey.com/catalog/en/partgroup/sm750-series/83032 A pdf about it...
  6. C

thank you so much , will this allow intervlan routing as well for example three vlans 10 20 and 30 all on different subnets 192.168.10.0 , 20.0, 30.0 etc.. will a device on 20.0 be able to ping 10.0 and 30.0 and vice versa i had thought i read something about having to have a ve interface...
  7. C

I have an icx7250p 24 port. running 8.0.92 . I want to configure a trunk port to esxi 7.0. I know how to do this in the cisco world , but brocade is just a tiny bit different. I know how to configure the Esxi side ( or at least I think I do... minor lol....) the esxi 7 server would be...
  8. C

from what i have read "they" ( microsoft ) made changes in windows 10.. I don't know this to be true.. I just read it on several blogs. I would be happy to be wrong
  9. C

for my share i was created an SMB share on the synology and used regular windows map a drive to connect to it
  10. C

i have a couple of different NAS they all copy at the same speed ironically .. qnap ts 509 3gbps sata 5 2tb drives in raid 6 only has gig nics synology 918+ with 4 HGST/Sun 8TB 7.2K 3.5" SAS HUH728080AL5200 in it mode raid 5. has intel 10gb 520 dat1. i think it has something to do with...
  11. C

another thing copying large files to my nas is slow as well.. (86mb and less the gig) both have 10gb nics in them (details of entire config in first post). I think its windows issue.. i just use copy and paste.. is there a 3rd party copy utility that is multi-threaded ( not sure if that is the...
  12. C

ok, i tried it under an ubuntu vm 20.10 with iperf3 .. and its night and day difference... does windows really suck that bad..
  13. C

thanks for the reply , also when I try to copy to an smb share on my nas it copies at 86mb .. so it's really not the iperf i'm concerned about I want to optimize my network and i spent a fair amount of time and $$$ and this poor performance feels like a punch in the gut. any other good tools to...
  14. C

I got a new 10GBE switch from Santa.. ( ICX 7250P) in hopes it would speed up my VM performance (ESXi 7) and general large file copying.. well golly gee, was I shocked,, when I saw on how slow things were... I'm usually very smart... great with Wi-Fi ... I am at a loss here.. as to why I have...
  15. C

best way to backup thin provisioned ESXi VM (actual size vs provisioned size)

hello, I am a Vmware ESXi hobbyist. I know a little.. but this one question keeps perplexing me.. if i have a ESXi 7 VM provisioned to 100gb, but the actual space it uses is only like 5gb. ( the VM required the disk to be 100gb.. or it wouldn't install.. but this is just for lab use..) Is there...