Recent content by Craig Curtin

1. C

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Are you sure you followed the guide by the OP in this thread - i have done about 6 of the 6450 and not had a single issue with SSH (other than Putty whinging that the cipher is old) In the same Guide fohdeesha shows how to turn off stacking. Failing that check the Youtube channel for the...
  2. C

Aah - OK thats a bummer then - looks like i might leave it as they are and connect up a new Juniper EX4300 i have coming Craig
  3. C

@fohdeesha - doing this will allow me to use the other two 40GB slots for straight connection (not fanout) to my Connect X3 cards ? So i could use 2 ports on the first switch for ESXi hosts and one on the 2nd switch for another host ? Or does this config lock the ports into fanout mode etc ? Craig
  4. C

OK so lets take it step by step A port is a trunk port on a 6610 by adding more than 1 VLAN to it (or in ICX parlance) adding it to more than 1 VLAN Usually the 4095 VLAN is used for management traffic (by convention - not by hardcoding) If you have a Unifi connected to a switch port - where...
  5. C

OK i had a quick look - i think you havve a basic misunderstanding - yes ports can be dual mode (tagged and untagged traffic) but in your case for the ESXI servers they will be trunk ports - untagged traffic is simply traffic that comes from a device that does not understand VLANs and the switch...
  6. C

Hey Guys, I have a couple of 6610s here - one is my testing and messing around one and the other in production. Currently i am using two of the rear ports at 40Gb/s into Mellanox cards in my ESXi cluster. I could really use a 3rd one though for my final host At the moment i am using the 2 x...
  7. C

Original LSI SAS 9300 16i - Problem Flashing. Please Help!

Just wondering if you have had time to do this yet ? I am about to purchase a Unit to replace an older 9200 series and would like a known working guide to follow. regards Craig
  8. C

I think @fohdeesha meant to create a VLAN without adding a VE to it and then adding an IP address to the port. i.e. it is a member of a L2 VLAN and you give it an IP address. Craig
  9. C

Post up your config maybe - but as long as you have the inline power options you should be good. I was reading the manual the other day looking for something and i saw there are different styles of POE that can be enabled - is this an old camera ? May be worth reading up on those and also how...
  10. C

OK more updates on my attempts to get these switches working reliably with Intel 10Gb adapters and ESXi So i have a new testbed setup 2 x 6450 standard setup as per fohdeesha's docs - all licensing done etc. Lets call them switch 1 and switch 2 I have connected the two 6450 via the 1/2/1...
  11. C

No there is no default IP applied to the port until you do so through the console cable I am not aware of anyway to (programmatically) disable the ports - someone may have damaged them but seems unlikely - more often than not it is a faulty cable/port on the computer end - personally for $10 or...
  12. C

I thought i might try and add to the knowledgepool so tried fodeeshas debug using the serial console - linked here https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/brocade-icx-series-cheap-powerful-10gbe-40gbe-switching.21107/post-198322 But i got an error on i2c read - when doing this on a...
  13. C

Just as a follow up to this - i have used the same Intel Coded fibre cable now between a 6610 1/3/x port and an Intel Dual port 82599 card in a linux box and it will not come up at 10GB either On the 6610 it shows Type ? for a list SSH@6610-Basement#show media e 1/3/5 Port 1/3/5: Type ...
  14. C

6450 - which do i believe ? Guys - 2 x 6450 - licensed and configured as per OP document - no issues I have a couple of different SFP+ cables 1) 10GTek - AOC SFP+ 20m fibre - as per here - https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B08TSZ5TH1?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1 2) No name 1m DAC SFP+...
  15. C

Just wanted to ask - can the 4 ports on the back of the 6610 all be used as 40GB for NIC attachment - or do the breakout ports have to be used as breakout ports I still have not managed to solve my problem with the disabling of ports in ESXi when i make VLAN changes - but by using 40GB NICs i...