Recent content by crackelf

1. C

NVIDIA PNY T1000 8GB GPU, 40G Mellanox ConnectX-3, 2x Dell Precision 3650 Workstations (GPU compatible + In Warranty!)

Nothing jumping out at me but thanks for reaching out! Great seeing people in the spirit of trading on here.
  2. C

NVIDIA PNY T1000 8GB GPU, 40G Mellanox ConnectX-3, 2x Dell Precision 3650 Workstations (GPU compatible + In Warranty!)

Dell Precision 3650 Tower Workstation $1200 quantity: 2 8 core Xeon W-1370 / 24GB DDR4 / 256GB NVME with Windows 10 + 12TB HDD + **Dell warranty** valid through **3/09/2025** (see bottom for more specs) Buy both $2350 NVIDIA PNY T1000 8GB $375 quantity: 1 Plays Elden Ring on Ultra at 1080...
  3. C

How to use the mlx5_core driver with Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx in Debian?

Final results that I'm willing to try out: Brocade modules do not work with this model of ConnectX-4 either. The only thing I can get working is Mellanox programmed transceivers. Port 1/4/1: Vendor: RUCKUS Version: A Part# : 57-1000267-01 Serial#...
  4. C

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

lol you guys should untuck your shirts every once in a while. Still don't want to admit you were wrong though huh? It's not so hard, big man. This is the top SEO because there were no resources on this before me. The algorithm doesn't lie. I'm simply out here contributing to the knowledge...
  5. C

Is the CLI for switches or for PCIE cards? I'm talking about PCIE cards. Good to know. I haven't gotten mine to connect via Ethernet Mode with anything other than Mellanox, but maybe the Lx variant of my card is slightly different than your ConnectX-5. The drivers link out the same, but I...
  6. C

Yes, precisely. This is between a PCIE card and a Brocade ICX 7450 switch port with 2 KAIAM optical modules. Even directly connecting does not work between two ConnectX-4 Lx cards using the KAIAM modules.
  7. C

ConnectX-4 Lx do not work with KAIAM modules: 01:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Mellanox Technologies MT27710 Family [ConnectX-4 Lx] [15b3:1015] Kernel driver in use: mlx5_core Kernel modules: mlx5_core show media ethernet 1/3/1 Port 1/3/1: Type : 40GE-LR4 2km (QSFP+ LC)...
  8. C

You ended up being right! Mellanox transceivers are all I've been able to get working with these. I'll make a support matrix next week after some testing and post it here. Thank you for the insight. I would never have guessed.
  9. C

Still not able to get this to stick, but thanks for the link! Somehow I've gotten SRIOV working and ethernet enabled despite the firmware disagreeing. See quote. Will try flashing / updating firmware to see if that changes anything. See you in the other thread ;)
  10. C

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

@fohdeesha The Infallible, confirmed fallible - ConnectX-4 Lx DO NOT work with KAIAM modules: 01:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Mellanox Technologies MT27710 Family [ConnectX-4 Lx] [15b3:1015] Kernel driver in use: mlx5_core Kernel modules: mlx5_core show media ethernet 1/3/1 Port...
  11. C

Yes in the end I went the module route for part of it, sysfs for the eth enablement, and the mellanox config tool for SRIOV. Strange combination. /etc/modprobe.d/mlx4_core.conf looks like options mlx4_core num_vfs=2 port_type_array=2 probe_vf=2 mstconfig -d set SRIOV_EN=1 NUM_OF_VFS=2 and
  12. C

Just got some VPI cards in for testing. Edited above for clarity.
  13. C

Got some X3 VPI cards in Configurations: Next Boot New LINK_TYPE_P1 N/A ETH(2) Apply new Configuration? (y/n) [n] : y Applying... Failed! -E- Failed to set configuration: Failed to get default parameters...