Recent content by costeen

1. C

New problem...m1015 crossflashed to sas2008

SOLVED!...somehow it dropped the drive letters, I added the letters back in drive management and boom! all volume labels and data were there as if nothing ever happened.
  2. C

New problem...m1015 crossflashed to sas2008

got the flash done and been using it a while with 4 sas seagate 6tb drives and 2 satas all run by the controller...added a msata to my MB and now 2 of the seagates dont show up in windows file explorer. They show up in drive management but have no drive letters anymore. The msata was cloned from...
  3. C

sloooooow transfer speeds

and transfer speeds are way better now. and this is from an external usb 3.0 drive to the seagate.
  4. C

got it using a mix of magarec and sas2flash(not flsh) and got it...now do you reccomend a program besides MSM to configure it? it seems theres less info and options available on MSM now.
  5. C

Tutorial: Updating IBM M1015/LSI 9211-8i Firmware on UEFI Systems

I GOT IT!! scared the mess out of me at first cause i couldn't write the flash to the card after wiping it but used a different method and it loaded.. now MSM doesn't seem to have as many options as before, do i need another program to configure the adapter?
  6. C

its smaller than the fonts on the bootup font for the card bios and i set my bios to uefi only too
  7. C

I added the efi folder and blammo! it booted and i was able to enter sas2flash commands but then...this....happened... even though it lives in my pc and is recognising my 2 sas drives...
  8. C

I'll look into it...thanks.
  9. C

and here it is at bootup(the adapter) but sas2flash says its not there
  10. C

I finally got my drive to boot to UEFI but now it says the adapter cannot be found but its there and sees the drives and all. I still keep getting the fatal error warning and wonder if its related to the adapter not being found when i do "sas2flash.efi -listall" it says no LSI adapters were found.
  11. C

UBER newb here I'm trying this method but cant get past the UEFI selection..like the guy before me I have no option. In my bios its set for UEFI/Legacy...do i need to set it UEFI only? btw gigabyte z77x-UD5H running F15q bios
  12. C

I did manage to get deeper into MSM and found this... MegaRAID Storage Manager 13.11.01.06Profile Summary - Generated on Tue Jan 01 12:04:44 EST 2019 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ SERVER--- Server IP...
  13. C

btw i now get an error after rebooting when i open MSM
  14. C

I'm learning as I go, reading till my head hurts....lol I tried the flashing method in the link you posted but cant get past the UEFI boot selection in my bios. Back to the grind stone i guess.
  15. C

oh...that would help...lol the controller is a IBM m1015 not sure the firmware it was an Ebay special but it seemed to work without having to cross flash it. Is there a fool proof way to check the firmware version? The drive model is st6000NM0034 I thought and once again not sure on the...