Recent content by Cncjerry

1. C

ICX-6610 and 6com 6c-sfp-10g-t

The 2.5g link connects and works fine with balanced throughput in both directions right at 99xMbit. So something is limiting the throughput on this port to 1Gig. I notice there are speed definitions on the 'speed-duplex' command that should enable the port(?) to the proper speed, but they...
  2. C

I would test it with iperf3. The card in the PC displays as 2.5G but I am getting almost exactly 1Gbit (999Mbits) for some reason each direction. This is faster than the 1G card I had in there (~800Mbit). It could be this ancient PC. And by the way, I looked around and didn't see the thread...
  3. C

just as I pressed enter, Amazon arrived with my nbase-t SFP. Plugged it in and it works at both 1G and 2.5G. Funny, because the ICX-6610 reports it as a 10G-full. The SFP I ordered was: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XQBFHNL I got free shipping so with tax, around $41. More than I wanted to...
  4. C

I saw somewhere, maybe here, that the newer subject SFP might clock at 2.5G. Nope. I found it interesting though, that it had two options, 10G-Full or 1G-full-master. I was trying unsuccessfully to get that SFP to negotiate 2.5G. I was successful running it at 1G and plugging it into a 2.5G...
  5. C

SCSI II cable needed

I need a cable, termed a SCSI II cable to attach to the connector in the picture. It has been called a SCSI II 36-PIN female/female but I've looked all over for it without luck. If you know either the cable or the name of the connectors, I'd appreciate hearing from you. The dimensions are 7mm...
  6. C

DL380 Gen8 drive bay power connector voltages needed

I have a DL380 LFF drive bay with 12 slots. It has an 8-pin power connector and I need the voltages for the pins, looking at the connector. My dl380 G7 drive bays use a 10 pin connector so I can't use it. Something like this, looking at the power connector on the drive bay. There are...
  7. C

problem with SAS LTO tape and hard drive on same controller

Well, I'm struggling with this quad port / 16 port card. I'm not sure what to call it, but it has 4 mini SAS ports on the back. They call it a 16 port card. Here's the latest: I can't get anything to connect to the last port of the quad port card. As above, the first two ports go to the...
  8. C

problem with SAS LTO tape and hard drive on same controller

I am running a DELL R610, converted from a DL380 for power reasons. I have two HBAs. A Dell LSI that runs the Dell R610 internal SFF drives and an LSI quad port (4 mini SAS ports, 16 devices). two of the quad ports go to an external HP d2600 frame with 12 devices in it. One port goes to an...
  9. C

inline ubuntu firewall

thanks, yes, I looked at pfs and another tool and both are much more flexible than I needed for this issue. One of my engineers said he runs pfs on a Raspi based server, I think it is some type of parallel computing beast he built and he thought I should build one... I was like, "for one...
  10. C

inline ubuntu firewall

So it took a lot of screwing around as I'm not familiar with the ICX6610 but I was able to apply an acl to the VE interface (if that is the right term) and it blocked it, woo hoo! I calculate that they hit me 2.5M times or more. What a pain in the butt, but now I know how to block the...
  11. C

inline ubuntu firewall

I am using the icx6610 and that traffic flows thru it, I'll look at the ACLs. Thanks
  12. C

inline ubuntu firewall

I have a problem with my email server where I am getting hit by a bot out of Kiev (5.34.207.88) about once per second. In the 20yrs I've had this server I've not had an issue like this. Once blocked, they usually go away. My comcast business class cable router doesn't have an integrated...
  13. C

ic6610 filter like a firewall?

Thanks, I have all that email sort of blacklists, etc., lots of rules that block addresses and ranges, spamhalter, etc. It's just every now and then I want to block an address range as in this case as they are hitting my server every two seconds. I was just thinking that maybe the icx6610 has...
  14. C

ic6610 filter like a firewall?

I have an ic6610 between my comcast business class router and my email server. All local traffic goes through the 6610. My att dsl router had a pretty decent firewall that allowed me to block addresses by range whereas this comcast box doesn't have anything I can find. I need to block traffic...
  15. C

5Gb ethernet copper into 6610?

Then I am missing something. Where did you plug that SFP? In the cable modem or 6610? I want to use a 5Ge adapter and need to terminate the 5Ge at a switch. The microtik SFP has 6 speeds and It supports 5Ge with the SFP I mentioned, the S+RJ10. I can then come out of the mikrotik switch on...