Recent content by cij

1. C

Discrete Device Assignment with new GPUs not working?

Hello community, I have a problem and cannot find a solution for this issue. I have for a render / ki project setup a Hyper-V host with different VMs. Each time when I start another render or job, I remove the GPUs from one VM and attach it to the next. This works fine without any issue. I...
  2. C

General help with VLAN, Router, Switch and Hyper-V

Hello and thank you very much for your feedback and support. About the background why we want to do this, we are different developers and want to ensure data separation here. The server will be used for development and different type of services like mysql, sql, webserver etc. our local...
  3. C

General help with VLAN, Router, Switch and Hyper-V

Hello guys, I need help on a small project and hope anyone can help on this issue? We are 5 people a life in a shared apartment. Our idea is to have one central server where anyone can create vms, each of us has is own VLAN to split the traffic from each other. But our issue we are real...
  4. C

ES Xeon Discussion

@Kat sounds good and it's a very cool setup. I think you can do a lot with your system. @Anarki, that would be nice if you could share idle and maximum usage data Thanks in advanced
  5. C

Looking for a simple webbased Linux server monitoring tool?

@Priscilla110 not testet yet, but looks similar to Nagios and PRTG Monitor. But it´s the same situation, a external own server is needed for Zabbix and with the 8smonitoring solutions I need nothing and its free up to 10 servers. For an more detailed monitoring, I have Nagios already installed...
  6. C

Hello, just a short update, for people who is looking for the similar solution. I have found a easy, fast and external service provider which allows to monitors up to 10 servers for free from a external datacenter (network). The provider is calling 8smonitoring and the server monitoring is up...
  7. C

ES Xeon Discussion

@Evan thanks for your feedback. Do you know what is the maximum power usage of the E5 2630l V4 so that I can make a calculation for myself. Thanks
  8. C

Hi all, thanks for your recommendation, I will have a look on this. Now I have found a service provider which allows to monitoring up to 10 servers for free. The tool looks very cool and show also performance data such as cpu model, cpu speed, ram, hdd, network etc. and can be installed with a...
  9. C

Hello, At home I run different test / live web application on Ubuntu web servers installed as virtual machines. Last time I had a network failure therefore the Nagios system could not send any notification out. Now I am looking for an additional monitoring service which is outside from my...
  10. C

ES Xeon Discussion

Hello, can anyone please tell me more about the power usage on the Intel Xeon E5 2630L V4 ES. Currently I have installed on my testing server at home an Intel I3-7100 with 64GB of RAM. The power consumption is on IDLE 38-41 Watts and on load 65-73 Watts. I need to change the platform...