Recent content by churipputori

1. C

Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI RDMA extremely intermittent connection and drops on both ethernet and Infiniband

I decided to switch from a windows server + storage spaces setup to a ZFS zvol. Setup a TCP target and boom, works first try! Currently restoring about 2TB of data without issue. The write speed leaves a bit to be desired for, however unfortunately ZFS doesn't support using SSDs for tiered...
  2. C

Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI RDMA extremely intermittent connection and drops on both ethernet and Infiniband

Bit of an update. I flashed the adapters back to their original firmware in hopes that that may have been what was causing the issues, no dice. At the very least, now I know the bottleneck was not the issue. I ran verbose rperf a few times and each time it would end in error C00000b5...
  3. C

I forgot to mention that due to running out of pcie lanes on my main computer's motherboard (I intend to upgrade to a motherboard that'll let me use the full x8 pcie 3.0 lanes the card offers) the max bandwidth I'm able to get is abt 12Gb/s. Regardless, running ntttcp with RoCE disabled I am...
  4. C

Hi, I've been trying to setup a diy NAS box in which my main computer and the nas box (running windows server) both have Mellanox ConnectX-3 VPI (CX354A-QCBT flashed to FCBT) cards, connected directly to each other with a Mellanox branded FDR DAC cable. I've been trying to use Starwind VSAN +...