Recent content by Chuntzu

1. C

Is anyone using a power supply splitter?

I have looked at these before, never pulled the trigger. I have recently revisited this idea with a boat load of Intel nucs and single or dual supermicro powersupplies. They have a DC direct input on the motherboard. But things like the picopsu dc-dc power supply and tap the 12v from the power...
  2. C

DIY Powerwall 18650 Anyone Here?

I have been building ebikes and diy battery packs for a year now and it's been alot of fun. The Tesla packs are super easy to use and have great desity. Also when buying large quantities the dollar per cell gets pretty low which is nice. But to be totally honest unless harvesting free cells it...
  3. C

Vehicle Projects - Race Cars -- Share yours!

Just got the turbo kit in, it's a work in progress. Will post pictures when it's all together. Hurt my neck at work yesterday feeling a bit better but not sure I will be able to do much with the truck til it's 100%. Oh yeah not to mention high of 110°f today [emoji30] Sent from my SM-N920T...
  4. C

POWER RANT

I feel as summers kill me and my power bill Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
  5. C

Vehicle Projects - Race Cars -- Share yours!

It's been a while since I have been on servethehome due to this exact reason. So I have been selling off excess hardware to pick this beautiful beast. 88mm turbo should be in the 2 weeks and voila 800 whp. She is fugly but man can she move and it super cheap. I will probably swap the whole...
  6. C

Whitey's foray into the world of CEPH

Fhgfs is the old name. Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
  7. C

Win10 Storage Spaces - Is it that bad?

Yeah they are all on here Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
  8. C

Win10 Storage Spaces - Is it that bad?

Storage spaces can be damn fast if configured properly. I have posted numerous times bench marking 20+ gigabyte per second reads and writes with storage spaces. Server 2016 takes it up a notch with refs and read and write cache. The are other changes as well having hot and cold tiers and mixing...
  9. C

11x expansion slots chassis

Turns out I have a couple of these I am considering selling them, but both have ram and motherboards, etc.. pm me if your interested Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
  10. C

Supermicro AOC-SLG3-2M2 Dual M2 card

Anyone had a chance to try one of these out? It doesnt look like it has plx chip. Hope it works, been looking for something like this for a while.
  11. C

Server 2016 vs FreeNAS ZFS for iSCSI Storage

When I get a chance I will document a walk through. Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
  12. C

To clarify you need to use PowerShell but Claus Jorgensen's blog give the commands and technet articles. Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
  13. C

This is not true, I have had mix parity since tp4 and it works great. Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
  14. C

Plex goes DVR

Plex cloud server just got announced today. Looks cool, but without something like encfs for the files and file names on Amazon cloud storage the tin foil hat comes out and was one of the reasons I still do Plex local. Too much to go wrong from a legal stand point and terrible isp upload speeds...
  15. C

Looking for a lightweight server/build

That last one for the super micro a1sri made me double take I thought it was you since the user name is atrick-pay and then noticed it was in Oklahoma and realized it wasn't you. But I got a kick out of the pig latin! Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk