Recent content by ChuckMountain

1. C

How to make the most of a 1.15Gbps (Gig1) Virgin Media ISP

Hi @Blueyonderer sure no worries will describe in hopefully a bit more detail, not sure how this will translate to the Zyxel but it should hopefully work. The basic idea is you have the VM SH5 on a separate VLAN let's say VLAN 100 to match the 192.168.100.1 address that it would normally be on...
  2. C

Yes sorry should have said yes it works fine so long as your got >1 Gbps ports involved on the particular chain (e.g. router has at least 2.5GbE port) My setup previously was SH4 -> x2 Cable -> Mikrotik CCR1009 (Router) -> SFP+ DAC to main network switch giving full bandwidth (1.15Gbps) SH5...
  3. C

Doh I managed to renegotiate my GigOne for £33 + £6 02 Sim and ended up getting a SH5 thrown in. I did have to have a weird setup as my router only had one port greater than 2.5Gbps.
  4. C

My router hasn't updated its software, not sure if it will do on a reboot but I am still on 01.02.065.21.EURO.PC20 and the router has been up for 46 days. Not keen on rebooting and I am having some connectivity issues this morning :( It seems quite a backward step, has anybody tried to see if...
  5. C

Yes something is definitely up with the 4 connections. Your firewall rules are also missing quite a bit including passthrough and fastrack (offload once rule has been established for traffic) Also have ARP enabled. On a separate note I have found the Cloudflare DNS and Virgin don't play well...
  6. C

Yes I am still seeing downloads working correctly just hit 1.145 Gbps on speed test.
  7. C

Glad you got sorted, and don't worry just added another 10GB switch with more ports ... Just wondering when the 2.2Gbps trial is going to roll out as I really want a better upload speed :)
  8. C

VM can be either in normal mode or modem mode but needs two connections to the device in my case a CCR-1009, from then it is 10Gbit to my main switch. Depending on what the Round Robin decides you can end up with traffic over 1 or both connections, the former will max out at 930Mbps (ish) and...
  9. C

How are you testing it as your router does not have any 10Gbit ports? Are you bonding two of the other ports?
  10. C

It depends on how you are hooking it up. So my router connects to my main switch via a 10Gb DAC cable which was around £20 from Amazon. This main switch has a further 3 SFP+ of which I used 2 more DAC cables though slightly longer and one of the adapters you link though a Mikrotik brand. This...
  11. C

Yep its a quite high amount for a home setup but it does do a lot and compared to other comparable devices is priced lower. The specific model I had was CCR1009-7G-1C-1S+ as I need the 10Gb SFP+ connection The other one I considered at the time was the RB4011 MikroTik which also has a 10Gb...
  12. C

I suspect the VM staff will be working off scripts/knowledge articles and won't be aware of practical implications of gigabit overheads etc. Mine was wired to the CCR1009, WiFi wise I get a similar figure to yours from a UniFi AC-HD at around 700Mbps. From memory that's the max I have got and...
  13. C

Sorry for some missed this post. Glad you got it worked with an alternative method. Is it still playing ball? Sometimes I find that the download traffic will stick to one of the bonded WAN connections more than the other, but the upload is happy being split... I am using a CCR1009 router...
  14. C

I am not sure how the SH4 is working behind the scenes because of the limited GUI from it. What I have found is that you can bond in both regular mode and modem only mode and get the same results as above. However, at the moment modem only mode appears to revert to a single connection (for...
  15. C

Ok so anybody that is interested managed to bond 2 connections to the SH4 in a Mikrotik router with a 10Gb port to the rest of my network. Seems to behave itself ok but still need a little bit more tweaks :)