Recent content by Chuck

1. C

Crucial M550 1TB $50USD off until 7/30

LOL Patrick. But then again, prices in this field are constantly doing that. I remember how excited I was to be able to double my memory to a whole MB when 256KB 72 pin simms came down to $50 each.
  2. C

WTB: Memory for Dell C6100 Sleds (MD/DC/VA/PA)

I have these if you're still looking.
  3. C

Dell C6100 Infiniband Starter Kit - Great deal

No longer available. Sold switch and Mezz cards on Ebay and netted a little over $1,050 after fees and shipping.
  4. C

Dell C6100 Infiniband Starter Kit - Great deal

This includes a Voltaire VLT-30111 TM 4036 36-Port QDR Switch, 2 JR3P1 Dell C6100 Mellanox Infiniband Daughter Cards, and 2 1-meter Brocade QSFP Cables. Total cost to buy these same products today on Ebay would be $879 for the switch, $338 for the 2 JR3P1 Cards and $110 for the 2 Brocade QSFP...
  5. C

Four nodes for C6100 - Fire sale prices

Right now I need time more than money so this is simpler. Besides, I've probably benefited from your advice far more than the $150 or so difference. PM me with your contact and paypal info and I'll invoice you once I get these boxed and shipped.
  6. C

Yes, all 4 sleds were from the same system.
  7. C

For sale are four nodes for the Dell C6100, with dual Xeon L5520's and no memory. I'll let these go for $75 and actual shipping costs each. All four were updated with latest firmware as of 5/10. One node is missing the blank where a Infiniband Daughter card was installed and will come with all 6...
  8. C

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

For those of you that carefully watch power, just how much does it cost to run one of these with all 4 nodes? Kind of a mid-range dollar per month estimate might be nice. I realize there are varying power rates and I wish I had a utility bill available to tell you how much per Kwh. Thanks in...
  9. C

Dell C6100 - anyone brick a board yet?

Man, was I glad to have found this post too. Thanks for sharing, it helped me in recovering two bricked boards. As soon as we quit getting snow I can move my rack from the garage down to my basement and begin setting up my VM lab.