Recent content by christopher kuhn

1. christopher kuhn

Good choice for inexpensive SSD?

I bet its the wave of high capacity NVMe drives. now that nvme is 2tb+ range ssds are going to look old and slow. People are already starting to make the move. i am running a Samsung 950 m.2 and its really impressive, 2200 MB/s. People will still use ssds for gb/usd but there going to get even...
  2. christopher kuhn

Colo Space!

Would you be interested in posting whether this space is HIPAA compliant? Or high-sec complaint? I ask because this would be perfect for a 4u nas that only receives 2 daily sets of backups for my company. Thank you! There wanting us to get backups on both east and west coast :P
  3. christopher kuhn

This mirriors my results in regards to my enviroment (except only up to +/- 7,000 drives). intel makes a good mlc ssd. What do you guys use for burn in? Just garbage dumping or a special program? I have some sandsik pros that i would love to test.
  4. christopher kuhn

You can always check the intel drives on there website. i have worked with intel RMA alot and they are really good. They honor there warranty's 100% and are solid when it comes to second owners. With that said i used the intel website to check these exact drives and there good through 2018 ISN...
  5. christopher kuhn

this is an excellent deal :P
  6. christopher kuhn

I dont have experience with the dell re branded drives but i have extensive working experience with the intel s3500s. Its always a leap with re branded drives but at the end of the day 60 bucks for a enterprise ssd.... I can tell you that i have set up many of these in raid 7 and 6 with no...
  7. christopher kuhn

cpu compatability s2600cw and ntel Xeon E5-2670 ES

So i have sent a request to the seller for (2) QGP2 and i will cross my fingers that they work. Thank you so much for your help. I have been googling all morning but its always nice to check multiple sources for my own confidence.
  8. christopher kuhn

so if i message and they are able to box up 2 GQ chips they will work with my s2600 cw? is it becuase the stepping is newer?
  9. christopher kuhn

i received a reply back on another simaler processor that seemed like a good deal. the seller said he didn't think his cpus were compatibility Intel Xeon E5 2683 V3 ES 2.0Ghz 35MB 14 Core 28threads LGA2011-3 120W 22nm QEY7 he replied and said the QEY7 was not compatable with my s2600 cw. this...
  10. christopher kuhn

these are the two s spec ids they gave me QFS0 QGP2
  11. christopher kuhn

Thank you for the information i am messaging them right now.
  12. christopher kuhn

this is the model of the CPU. i am thinking of getting 2 becuase there a good deal. Intel Xeon E5-2670 v3 ES i have an intel s2600cw socket LGA 2011 v3 here is the ebay ad for the cpus seems legit. Intel Xeon E5-2670 v3 ES LGA2011-3 12C Compatible with X99 i7-5820K 5930K 5960X thank you in...
  13. christopher kuhn

Perplexed* I have purchased and built a nice server, not doing what i want it to......

I will post some pictures of my setup if I have time. I have 22 vms running direct x games.
  14. christopher kuhn

Perplexed* I have purchased and built a nice server, not doing what i want it to......

I left the .vmx and registry aLonE. I just plugged and played.