Recent content by christer

1. C

ZeusRAM - anyone know of a cheaper cable option for dual SAS?

@Rand__ Thank you for your testing. I am heading over to serialcables.com to get me 2 new cables :)
  2. C

EU Supermicro SC846 Dual 1366 Gold PSU 6 x Mini SAS Backplane

Seller has responded to me and claims to not have any information on who will deliver to me in Norway, but is still not sharing contact info on his courier. Also, seller does not offer any explanation as to why package was not delivered yesterday as unequivocally promised. Seller suggests that...
  3. C

Hi. No the items did not arrive today like the seller promised, and the seller has not yet responded to the message I sent earlier today (around 14:40). I have requested contact info for the courier from the seller multiple times now over the past week, but the seller is not willing to give me...
  4. C

Thank you for testing. Seems like the more expensive dual port cable is necessary after all then to achieve max speed.
  5. C

Hi - I recently got a ZeusRAM Z4RZF3D-8UC for use as a ZIL, but I am wondering which cable I should get to be able to utilise the dual/wide SAS port on the ZeusRAM for max speed, but using a single controller. I have found one cable alternative below, but was wondering if anyone knew if there...
  6. C

Thank you, guys. Very helpful, you made it easy for me, I'll go for the longer cables then.
  7. C

I just got an update from the seller saying that I should expect delivery on Friday - so looking forward to that. I have to order some SFF-8643 to SFF-8087 cables (going to use X10SDV-7TP4F); does anyone have any input on what lengths I should go for with the A backplane? Do you think 3x 50cm...
  8. C

Yes, thanks for the heads-up on the state of the case. Was the old backplane still fully functioning despite having been exposed to moisture? Just wondering in case we get chassis with the A backplane already installed. Also how is the state of the PSU and how do you find the noise level of the...
  9. C

I am in the same position, having ordered and paid for 4 units. After some emails without reply, I finally got a response from the seller yesterday. Seller states that my order was shipped by a carrier that have no tracking, but that the seller would reach out to the carrier on Monday to ask...
  10. C

HGST ZeusRAM Z4RZF3D-8UC - $200 BO accepted

I was able to get two of these for $200 each on BO from ebay seller newworld_micro. Used tested good 30 day warranty. Stec Z4RZF3D-8UC Zeus Ram 8GB SSD-3.5IN | eBay 5 left