Recent content by chrisk2305

1. C

Supermicro 836BA-R920B - Question concerning harddrive activity LEDs

In case anyone is interested: For SAS Disks you can use the following (under Linux): sginfo -XRt 0x19 /dev/sda 0 2000 2000 0 = LED ON 1 = LED OFF Worked like a charm and the change is persistent as well.
  2. C

Ok, thanks. If anybody knows I would appreciate it.
  3. C

Thanks, interesting stuff in there but I couldn't find out if the LED behaviour can be changed though.
  4. C

Hi! I am currently using a Supermicro 836BA-R920B Chassis which contains a 16 Port direct attach SATA/SAS Backplane. As HBA I am using a Microsemi HBA 1100-16i. All my drives (16x SAS) show no activity ( I mean the LEDs from the drive trays). I read about SGPIO Cables but I am still unsure...
  5. C

Asus KNPA-U16 BIOS update Naples->Rome

I am in a similar situation. I "accidentally" flashed the Rome Bios and actually have a naples CPU installed. Now Board won't post (QCODE 00). I cannot revert to earlier BIOS because of the above mentioned Baseboard ID mismatch. Any ideas? Thanks!
  6. C

Supermicro H12SSW-NT - FreeNAS 11.3-U1 NVMe issues

I attached both dmesg outputs to the Jira Ticket.
  7. C

@KarelG: Yes, you are right. The issue I am facing with posting the dmesg output from TrueNAS nightly is that my NICs don't work in that version so I cannot copy and paste the output. A bit of a dilemma.
  8. C

FreeNAS 11.3 U1 and Mellanox ConnectX-3 issue

I would love to have that ISO to simply flash the cards to ETH!
  9. C

Here is the Jira Ticket: [NAS-105542] FreeNAS 11.3-U1 - NVMe devices do not show up on AMD "Rome" Platform - iX - Bug Tracker (Jira)
  10. C

Why not :-) I wanted to have a highly integrated Mainboard with PCIe 4.0 support to be future proof. I am using this (although unsupported by Supermicro) in a 2U BAC4 WIO Chassis with Hybrid backplane (4x NVMe + 8x SATA/SAS) with 64GB RAM, 4x10TB Seagate Exos SAS Disks, 4x4TB WD Red, 2x256GB 860...
  11. C

I opened a FreeNAS Ticket in their Jira system but no reply yet.
  12. C

Additionally I booted Systemrescue CD via USB drive and all NVMe are getting detected.
  13. C

Well I tried the TrueNAS 12 nightly (FreeBSD 12, right?) and I can see all 4 drives, so it is definitely a driver issue.
  14. C

FreeNAS 11.3 U1 and Mellanox ConnectX-3 issue

if anybody is interested, this did the trick: