Recent content by ChrHansen

1. C

[advice] homeserver / lab with plex

I know and it breaks my heart to be in a rush - but since it is a company buy (have a small company myself besides my job) and if i don't do it by december 31 st - I will loose a lot of benefits, since I will be personally taxable of the profits :) (Denmark over 50% tax). In short if i buy now...
  2. C

@gigatexal I was unclear, got pretty hooked on the board you showed me - if i can get at the price i saw plus the 2 x 2670 - I will be a happy wannabe nerd. So found a few shops I need to call tomorrow, if that works out, I can order that right away. The reason it needing to work out, is that...
  3. C

Sorry - my bad, found them wayyy cheaper.
  4. C

@gigatexal Not going that route. Just looked and i need min. 64gig memory, but limits me to 32 on each right (they dont share?) Might need to source some used, because new is 235 euro pr 16 gig....
  5. C

@gigatexal Sorry - was jusst away for a bit - On SSD i'm thinking enough to run the VM on them, so a couple 2 (to 3). normal disks about 5-6. I didn't buy the 2670 yet, but found a company who sells them from new (or it looks that way). Plan is to call him tomorrow and have a talk. @gea The...
  6. C

@gigatexal Thank you so much for explaining - I'm hooked and found a seller of the CPU on amazon at a fair price. But i'm also as mentioned before out of my comfort zone, can you recommend a motherboard to go? (maybe even a dual socket :) If you do not have a receomendation, is there anything...
  7. C

Thank you all for replying so far! I think my knowledge of CPU's is going to be clear in my question, because the debate has clearly taken a turn towards the PLEX part of it - it the PLEX CPU usage so much higher than all the other things mentioned? (streaming will be BD rips to mainly tv...
  8. C

@rubylaser Perfect, that mean i was right to around the D-1540 or above - I would like to be able to have some power to spare when streaming :) @gigatexal I agree, that i could pick up quite a bit used, but I would prefer new - especially CPU and motherboard, since the new gen also uses less...
  9. C

Hi guys, Hope you can give me some advice, first post in here To be clear, I don't expect you to give me an exact build, but the different Xeon models and boards are a jungle and not sure how much power i need. Looking for a server to have at home, I do a little website development and...