Recent content by chrgrose

1. C

[USA-FL][FS] New/Open Box Dell Server Gear

The state wants its piece of the pie, then before you put it in your face it will help itself to another bite.
  2. C

[USA-FL][FS] New/Open Box Dell Server Gear

I think typical eBay selling fees in computer equipment categories are around 8-12%. Then they add sales tax. Although for costs over $2500 selling fees drop to 3%.
  3. C

[FS][US-NJ] RAM Modules , Intel Consumer CPUs

Does ASUS really lock EPYCs?? That would be a huge problem because there is very little second-hand ASUS hardware. Those EPYCs would then be virtually worthless..
  4. C

AMD EPYC 7V13 64 core 128 thread $699

I assume only the QS can overclock? What boards does the overclock work on? Any dual socket boards?
  5. C

[FS][US-NJ] RAM Modules , Intel Consumer CPUs

Hi all, some well deserved positive feedback here for Hazily2019! I ordered about 2k worth of RAM/GPUs from him (Zelle transfer) and it all came very well packed, and there was great communication all throughout. More recently, I purchased his Synology NAS and, although it is still on the way, I...
  6. C

NVMe on Dell Precision Workstation T7910

I've used 4DRx4 64GB modules in the T7910 with no issues. I'm not certain but I doubt you would have issues with registered modules.
  7. C

12TB 3yr warranty refurbed Seagate for $6.83/TB shipped

The 1 and 3 year warranty was described by them to me in an eBay message as "For the first year, it is cover by Allstate partner with eBay. We will provide the warranty for the subsequent 2nd and 3rd year."
  8. C

EU SOLD

Damn, that's an expensive drive.
  9. C

NVMe on Dell Precision Workstation T7910

The dell 'Ultra Speed' Quad M.2 enclosures absolutely work in the T7910. Just be sure to populated them in ascending order, or some drives will not be visible.
  10. C

Dell Poweredge R240 - Barebones w/ Xeon E-2124 - $180

Could you just install the Dell Quad M.2 'ultra speed' card, or do you need to use a BOSS card on these?
  11. C

DDR3 DDR4 RAM price trends thread.

The price of 128gb sticks has always been absurd.
  12. C

New Intel Optane p4800x 375GB for $160

At that price per GB I would rather use a cascade lake system with 256GB/512GB NVDIMMs. Am I missing something?
  13. C

WTB: 64GB 2400T DIMM

Looking to purchase a number of 64GB 2400 MHz memory modules. Looking for $45/dimm. Interested in small or large quantities. Hynix/Samsung/Micron/Kingston Note: 4DRx4 is OK.
  14. C

WTB: Xeon platinum, gold 3nd gen.

You might get lucky with this seller: Intel Xeon Platinum 8280M SRF9Q 28C 2.7GHz 205W LGA3647 Similar Platinum 8280 | eBay His bad feedback seems to be due to meh customer service, but good price if you get what you expect (let me know if it works out).
  15. C

Any issues with repurposing a Dell Data Domain server as an R740

So, I recently came into possession of a Dell PowerProtect DD9400. The main issue with the unit is that, I am told, it cannot be licensed with Dell, rendered ineligible for an unknown reason, but probably because it was an DEMO or RMA unit. It is an otherwise impressive machine with essentially...