Recent content by chocamo

1. C

MDRAID performance issues with NVME and NUMA?

The last results I posted were with C-states disabled in the BIOS. I'm not sure if A states are labeled as " PCI ASPM L1 Link Power Management " in the Dell BIOS, but that was disabled as well A tldr; for my last post: - With CPU pinning in FIO, I max somewhere between 1739k and 2100k 4k read...
  2. C

I've tried a mix of these on and off. pci=nomsi I end up in busybox on reboot because NVME's won't poll to boot off off (NVME only system). Current kernel params are: `nvme.poll_queues=64 nvme_core.io_timeout=2 nopti pcie_aspm=off rcu_nocbs=0-127 pci=noaer processor.max_cstate=1 I have, speed...
  3. C

That's reflected in this image. They are pointing to 1 drive each (no raid), but just being run at the same time. You can see, compared to just running against 1 disk by itself, neither quite hit the same speed as when run alone, like they are hitting some sort of bottleneck that isn't the drive...
  4. C

I wouldn't say Windows is working, maybe just that it doesn't plummet quite as bad as on Linux. If you ignore sequential reads, you can see the performance drop off. Linux seems to hold up much better with sequential reads as well, getting up to about 10GiB/s in some scenarios. It's 4k where i...
  5. C

I have a fairly long thread on level1techs and it was suggested I see if anyone here has any suggestions. I realized I was having an issue when certain tasks with PostgreSQL were taking about 8 times longer than an 8x 850 Samsung EVO SATA array on a different system. It seems that when I put...