Recent content by chiuljnk

1. C

Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

Found the solution in Bug #1154749 “reboot does a shutdown instead of rebooting (OCP v...” : Bugs : The Open Compute Project Solution: Add "blacklist mei" and "blacklist mei_me" to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf
  2. C

Have installed the latest "Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS" on this OpenCompute server. The Big problem is that a reboot leaves the system hung that only a power-cycle will fix. It's the last item I have to fix before I can use this server. Has anyone else run into this problem?
  3. C

Bricked Oracle F40 card but I have another working one.

Yes I complete power cycle, but the bad card won't come back to life, although it responds to all lsirec commands
  4. C

(ON GOOD CARD) I backed up the good card firmware and SBR. This was completely successful. # lsiutil -e Select 46. Upload FLASH section then 2. firmware. (this created firmware.bin) # ./lsirec 0000:03:00.0 readsbr sbr_backup.bin (this created sbr_backup.bin) (ON BAD CARD) lsiutil doesn't...
  5. C

I managed to brick an Oracle F40 card while trying to follow this guide: Converting a Sun/Oracle F40/F80 Flash Accelerator to a LSI/Seagate Warpdrive | Kenneth Kasilag but since I bought two cards, I have a working one that is not modified. Can someone please give me the steps to backup the...
  6. C

Oracle F40 - bricked? help recover. Have backup files.

I just bricked my card but it responds to lsirec (but not lsiutil). Can someone give me their sbr_backup.bin and also the F40 firmware bin that enables IT mode?
  7. C

3/12 UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED. IT WAS THE APC UPS THAT IS NEXT TO IT THAT WAS BEEPING BECAUSE I WAS USING OF ITS >100% LOAD
  8. C

Ugh bad news. The beep is back. Previously, I was booted in ESXi 6.7u3 and it was beeping. Today, I was working in Ubuntu Desktop and it wasn't beeping. But now I boot back into ESXi and it is beeping again so now I know it's not the hardware but ESXi that is causing it. Now I got to figure...
  9. C

SOLVED: I think it was the CR2032 BIOS battery . Replaced it and it doesn't beep any more
  10. C

My OpenCompute server keeps beeping and I can't figure out why. The model is Open Compute Wiwynn SV7210, some people call it "Windmill" or "Freedom". CPU is Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2650 x2 at 2GHz, with 64 GB of RAM (4GB x 16 sticks, all slots occupied) I tried this fix first: Repasted...
  11. C

How to get firmware from Oracle

Ugh I need this too but no reply from @111alan
  12. C

Samsung/Oracle F320 3.2TB NVME AIC $209.99 OBO

Get-PhysicalDisk -FriendlyName "MS1PC5ED3ORA3.2T" | Get-StorageFirmwareInformation Get-PhysicalDisk -FriendlyName "MS1PC5ED3ORA3.2T" | Update-StorageFirmware -ImagePath "<PATH_TO_NEW_FIRMWARE>" -SlotNumber 1
  13. C

6.4TB Samsung PM1725a 5DWPD Enterprise TLC V-NAND PCIe 3.0 x8 NVMe HHHL AIC SSD NEW $999

Seems like the problem is due to my motherboard (OpenCompute Wiwynn SV7210). When I moved the Samsung SSD to an Intel S2600CP motherboard, everything shows up fine. Thank you for your advice!
  14. C

6.4TB Samsung PM1725a 5DWPD Enterprise TLC V-NAND PCIe 3.0 x8 NVMe HHHL AIC SSD NEW $999

I flashed the version that was posted here: GPNABB3Q. The compatibility matrix says minimum firmware GPNA3D3Q so I should be good? I am using ESxi 6.7 U3
  15. C

I use ESXi and the card is more often than not, not visible/detected on boot. Is there a command I can run to make it show up?