Recent content by cgiGeek

1. C

installing cage nuts?

push the outer side with the flat screwdriver ... use gloves just in case ...
  2. C

Supermicro motherboard standoff screws

Took me hours, found an incomplete kit with tool and a few singles in my storage ... and one tool in the DC tool box
  3. C

EXPIRED WD Ultrastar 18TB SAS at $367

"The manufacturer has tools to repair drives. Third party sellers really can't afford these repair tools, it's extremely expensive. When it comes to third party sellers, their reputation is what mostly matters." I took a few data recovery certs back in the day, there are tools to get the data...
  4. C

Supermicro motherboard standoff screws

Supermicro motherboard standoff screws for 2U guess is 1/4 or 6.2mm, but it has 2 different threads my usual seller from ebay is out, any clues on where can I get some other then SM direct ? thanks in advance
  5. C

EXPIRED WD Ultrastar 18TB SAS at $367

I never understood why they say refurb, besides format and or replace a PCB board, dont think any third party vendor can actually refurb a drive. Proof me wrong pls !
  6. C

Newer then x8 motherboards for SuperMicro 825TQ-R720LPB

thank you so very much you were absolutely right , I was able to remove the plastic socket and attach it on the old X8 :)
  7. C

Looking for assembly hands in Atlanta

Need some help for a week or two, replacing motherboards, cpus and what not in beautiful Atlanta please pvt me if interested
  8. C

ohhh (facepalm) I see what you mean, will go to DC tomorrow and check the old mobo to make sure, thank you so so much will update soon
  9. C

I really hope so, are these pictures ok ?
  10. C

please see X8DTN+ quick reference card , connectors: 19) PWR I C (J15) 39 Power SMB (I 2 C) Header please see X9DR3-LN4F+ quick reference , connectos: 45) JPI 2 C1 45 Power Supply SMBbus I 2 C Header my chassis: chassis: CSE-825TQ-R720LPBP-1 and backplane BPN-SAS-825TQ, also my 12 bay chassis on...
  11. C

Hello all, I picked a few 825TQ-R720LPB Chassis they come with this Power distributor PDB-PT825-8824 and X8 motherboards that distributor uses PWRI2C to monitor PSUs, but newer X9 motherboards use JPI2C1 Are there any X9 or X10 motherboards that use PWRI2C, is there a power distributor I can...