Recent content by capn13

1. C

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

Thank-you to both @fohdeesha and @sean for this - indeed, my old Thinkpad did have a /dev/sdb device attached. I was troubleshooting a flash drive which I suspected to be failing and it was attached! Thanks guys. You've got to love IT ;)
  2. C

I have a question about what looks like read errors on the Flash. Screenie below is from an overnight Minicom session to a 6430-24 (as you might be able to tell from the prompt!). Should I be worried ? Should I run an fsck at the boot prompt? Pray to @fohdeesha? :)
  3. C

Fingers crossed then...I can make up the GbE port numbers easily enough but like you I'd prefer the SFP+ ports to be intact!
  4. C

One thing that confuses me is how one arrives at the optics part numbers from the official Brocade part numbers. For example, referring to @fohdeesha's datasheet on the 6450, I see Brocade part number 10G-SFPP-SR (a 10GBASE-SR, SFP+ optic, LC, 300 m over multimode fibre optic). And perusing...
  5. C

Interesting to note several people's comments on G-Electronic from eBay. I wasn't sure they would ship my 7250's to the UK since the description notes (somewhat emphatically) that they don't ship International (or APO/DPO). But I received shipping info earlier...lets hope the packing is up...
  6. C

You're telling me. But fear not you're not alone: ordered two 7250-24's earlier so the house can now be re-wired/fibred :) Goodbye cheapo switches, hellow bandwidth!!
  7. C

Well after perusing this somewhat longish :) thread and being in need of some networking gear for our new house, I finally bit the bullet and got one 6450-48P. I admit I was a little bit concerned when I first powered it on and all fans ramped to max :D That one will go on the 1st floor and...