Recent content by canta

1. C

HPE EC200A Xeon D-1518 'hybrid server' on ebay ~$150

Do not put 3.5 hdd. It generate heat much for small 40mm fan. I added the standing tray for mounted 3x40mm low speed fan ( controlable) no issue on orginal noise.For living room or home theater closet(I use besta from ika) . I need to add extra fans and the best use is standing vertically. i...
  2. C

good luck taming the noise fan. the 40mm fan is the beast haha. you can build pwm generator with arduino (cheap clone arduino mini) due to use software for easy tweaking rising up or down width. the case is too small for adding bigger fan. adding additional 40mm would be great. and let alone...
  3. C

I do not know how much ... already having entry 3d printer ender 3 years back,
  4. C

this is the best for air flow, assuming the HDD bays are empty or ssd only, swapping is pretty tough .. the "server grade hehehe" PWM fans is very specific to the firmware detection of RPM PWM. but Supermicro ipmi is not very strictly enforced and can be swapped easily with low rpms and...
  5. C

I 3d-print the stand due to vertical position is the best air flow (for my understanding to reduce fan noise), 2nd thought is adding 2 or 3 40mm fans running 1500 -2000 rpm underneath the air intake, such as
  6. C

Could you PM the shared link? Thanks!
  7. C

M386B8G70DE0-YH93 (64GB DDR3: $85.60

Wish you luck. The chip has unique production stamp. It is very small fined embosse print. All chips must be has identical . Memtest is just synthetic ram testing .it is good. But i had experience that ram passed memtest and spawning ecc warning after months. retested memtest And passed for...
  8. C

becareful buying ram stick from china. easy to spot not recycle ram chips after you receive the package:. Verify all chips are identical number and production stamp. If some different . Yeah they sale fixed broken ram sticksfrom recycle ram chips.
  9. C

Be careful. They recycle the ram chips and fix ram sticks . ( like replacing bad one from. Recycle chips bin) . If you are using for 24/7 machine and rely on it. I would suggest to stay away buying ram stick from china. For non critical . Should be ok for cheapness deal.
  10. C

NewEgg Open Box Sale - Lots of Server Gear

I bought doorbell ipcam for $85, the average good price ~$140. that would be adding to my zoneminder. but.... was looking for cube case,seeing lian li 08rgb for $175, but see-ing non rgb one for $150. finally bought non rgb for $150 ^&*(, I should stay away from sth for saving money hahahahahah
  11. C

Easystore 12TB - Best Buy is at it again (taking my money)

Mostly i got some promo in 2019 8% and never used it... the next was 10%... guessing . If frequently ebay buyer. They might send less ebay bucks promo.. this my conspiracy theory ha
  12. C

liteon m.2 sata 128GB for $8 shipped

well. Looking on lite-on CVx model is for industrial target. I am assuming something better than consumer grade The first link is cv3 and has tlc , the last link is cv1 that has mlc (but older model).. I did not post other due to non industrial target ssd. I already buy cheap aluminum m.2...
  13. C

Easystore 12TB - Best Buy is at it again (taking my money)

I remember that 14TB WD was $200 on ebay, plus 10% ebay bucks. it was pretty good deal on Dec 2019. %10 ebay bucks covered sales tax...
  14. C

$5 maybe hahahah
  15. C

It was over very quick after I posted. my hope is some of you got the deal... I saw one day earlier the ebay list while waiting for my kid's TKD, <ouch... bad habit hehe not paying attention to them while practicing > the next day was still available ~30 in quantities and posted to sth. yeah...