Recent content by Calochortus

1. C

[US-CA][FS] Supermicro 4U Epyc Heatsink

Supermicro 4U SNK-P0064AP4 for Epyc 7k. NIB, never used, original paste, packaging. East bay area if you want to pick up, could meet up anywhere from Marin to Vallejo to San Jose given a week or few notice. $70 new, I'll take $20 + shipping, but of course would prefer not to ship. But would...
  2. C

How to appropriately size up patch cords

Reds are 1', others 6". All monoprice cat 6 slim.
  3. C

Possible compromised forum?

Saw the same thing a few times. I figured it was an ad service poisoning attack. FF Android private tabs, pihole DNS. Wouldn't repeat if I killed the browser and restarted.
  4. C

3u chinese server cases

The Chenbro 4u short cases are nice too. CHENBRO RM41300-FS81 Black Steel / Plastic 4U Rackmount Server Case 695975098796 | eBay The 42300s are 17.5"
  5. C

WTB - Narrow ILM 2011 active cooler

There's not a lot of choice for narrow ILM at all. There are a few threads about it here but basically: Supermicro Dynatron Ear Blasters Noctua NH series I used a supermicro 4U SNK-P0050AP4 on an E5-2630 with Optimal and CPU fan is silent. Idles at 22C (17 ambient). But 4U doesn't help you...
  6. C

Best value rackmount UPS suggestions

NEMA L5-20P input plug. Careful you don't make the spouse mad by unplugging the dryer.
  7. C

ESXi monitor performance cut off

Confirmed fixed in 6.7u3: both host and vms now show an hour of monitor data. Best of luck with your page allocation - crashed thumb drive?
  8. C

Possibly fixed in 6.7 U3 You might intermittently stop seeing performance charts of ESXi hosts in the embedded VMware Host Client or any web-based application that connects to the vCenter Server system, including the vSphere Client and vSphere Web Client. An internal issue causes hostd to...
  9. C

Long-time lurker. Recently installed ESXi 6.7u1 and the monitoring seems funky. The monitor tabs claim to show a max of a hour, but when I sign in they show between 5 and 15 minutes on the VMs and less on the host. The host monitor will grow up to ~15 minutes and then truncate to 0. I've...