Recent content by calais86

1. C

Thermal Trip issue with Icelake workstation DIY build

Hi everyone, Hoping to get the group's thoughts / insight. I have a DIY Icelake workstation build that keeps shutdowning. Details as follows: CPU: Xeon W-3335 Motherboard: Supermicro MBD-X12SPA-TF-O Cooler: NH-U14S DX-4189 PSU: Corsair AX1600i GPU: RTX 4090 Founders Memory: 512GB, 8 sticks OS...
  2. C

EPYC CPU availability

Thanks, Patrick. I'm looking to BYO workstation. I'm looking to use the GIGABYTE MZ31-AR0, even though it doesn't explicitly list the 7551p in the QVL. --James
  3. C

EPYC CPU availability

Anyone having luck finding EPYC CPUs in stock? I want to purchase a 7551p. I see some preorders, but nothing in stock available to ship. Thanks!
  4. C

Help with an Asus Z10PE D16 WS and Asus support

I tried that. It has the latest 3306 bios. I could try newgg, but it's been more than 30 days since I bought it. Was working fine with the one 2630 I had with it for a month, but only ran into the issue when I tried to add the second CPU.
  5. C

Help with an Asus Z10PE D16 WS and Asus support

I recently purchased an Asus TS700-E8-RS8 server barebones which contains the Z10PE-D16 WS motherboard from newegg. I attempted to install two, retail Broadwell E5-2630 V4's in it, however it will not work with both CPU's installed. Each CPU works fine in a single CPU configuration. I've done...
  6. C

Dual motherboard for Corsair 800D

Patrick, Thank you for the quick reply. Feature-wise, IPMI and on-board video are musts. I'd like NICs that are supported by ESXi out of the box. I'd also like the 16 DIMM slots for future upgradeability. Don't care about audio and I'm fine if the board doesn't have SAS. I'll check out...
  7. C

Dual motherboard for Corsair 800D

I'm looking to upgrade a server running in a Corsair 800D with a dual Broadwell setup. Most of the motherboards I'm seeing in that class have SSI EEB lay-outs, which it looks like the 800D doesn't support without removing stand-offs / drilling holes. Curious if anyone has a dual CPU motherboard...