Recent content by cadillac

1. C

Lenovo Thinkcentre/ThinkStation Tiny (Project TinyMiniMicro) Reference Thread

My guess is that datasheet was put together in a hurry and carelessly, just as the product which claims to be a workstation with a 1Gbe ethernet interface in 2022.
  2. C

HP DL360 G9 - and QSPF (HP InfiniBand FDR/Ethernet 10Gb/40Gb 2-port 544+FLR-QSFP Ethernet Adapter)

What is Your question? That part is a 40G QSFP+ to QSFP+ cable. It does not have SFP+ connectors.
  3. C

USB - PCIe Bridge hardware

Yes, i did. But after checking the linux drivers source code for the RTL9215, i can see that the class is "Mass storage / SCSI", so i think these adapters are a dead-end for my purpose.
  4. C

USB - PCIe Bridge hardware

Multiple vendors offer USB 3.2 gen2 to PCI-E bridge IC-s (Realtek RTL9215, JMicron JMS583) , and also for higher speed USB (gen2x2, USB4). There are dozens of cheap USB - NVME enclosures built on these chips. I'm curious if there is a possibility to connect generic PCI-E cards to the USB bus...
  5. C

HP DL360 G9 - and QSPF (HP InfiniBand FDR/Ethernet 10Gb/40Gb 2-port 544+FLR-QSFP Ethernet Adapter)

The QSFP breakout type cables (QSFP to 4xSFP+) are meant for switch interconnects, and need special support for it. The NIC You are using is a Mellanox ConnectX-3, and has no support for that. One use case that is supported on the NIC is the "A" port of the breakout cable can be used as a 10g...
  6. C

@Parallax May i suggest some extra info in the first post: - M720Q / M920Q models have the x8 PCI-E slot directly wired to the CPU - M90Q G1 has the x8 PCI-E slot wired to the PCH The latter impicates that the port is capped at x4 speed maximum, and shares the DMI bandwith with SATA,NIC,USB...
  7. C

I assumed that it's wired to the CPU. This basically limits that x8 port to x4 bandwith. And it is also shared between SATA, and the two NVME ports. None of the CPU PCI-E lanes are utilized, and the offered 3 high-bandwidth expansion ports (x8,x4,x4) all share a x4 DMI uplink to the CPU which is...
  8. C

I have discovered that the M90Q x8 PCIE connector is also wired to the PCH...
  9. C

IIRC, the first few attempts were without secureboot both win10 and win11. I confirmed that the messed up stick created by Etcher was not proper UEFI boot media, at least it did not contain the EFI partition. @Parallax I suggest this addition to Your FAQ on the first page "With M90Q, Windows...
  10. C

I'm not sure i understand the question correctly. The actual use case where this becomes a problem for me is using it as a writeback cache in a SCSI SAN. Redundancy is a must (especially with flash storage) and 1.5GB/s throughput of the array becomes the limiting factor for the IO coming from...
  11. C

Unfortunately RST using Windows has no solution for the DMI bottleneck. The sequential write throughput of a RAID1 array is capped at 1500MB/s.
  12. C

Intel RST arrays (iMSM under the hood) are fully supported accessable by dm-raid and mdraid.Only the usage of NVME drives with RST is not supported by Linux , and since these tinies have only one SATA port (if they even have) that means RAID is not supported indeed. Currrently i'm very...
  13. C

Thanks for the info. Under Linux the instrumentation of the RST is done through EFI system variables. Most likely my install media is the culprit here... Will report back, and thanks again.
  14. C

Yes, corrected in the original post. Install media is created with Etcher and in the Boot selector it looks it is proper UEFI boot media, but i don't know if that can even be confirmed from inside the installer. I've tried Factory BIOS settings also. I will create Install media with Rufus now...
  15. C

Anyone here done a Windows install on M90q gen1? I tried both Windows 11 and Windows 10, neither of them recognize any disk devices and asks for drivers. Supplying the ones from here (Non-VMD recognizes the RST as compatible hardware) doesn't work either. Tried official RST 16-19 with no...