Recent content by burtal

1. B

Topton Jasper Lake Quad i225V Mini PC Report

http://pan.changwang.com:8888/s/nd8o05 new bios for v4 v5 Initial impresion ..... way better sustained cpu freq under load....for me at least, other did not had this issue 2.6+ Ghz after 15 min of prime95 on previous versions it woud drop to around 2.4 Ghs after couple of minutes
  2. B

well i got 65c (70C after multiple hours of running) when running prime for long sesions .... here is a cap 60C after 45 min Prime95 run at 24C ambient no fans internal , no airflow over the case. He 100% has a CPU gap ... so as the rest that have temps that high. and mind you ... my...
  3. B

yeah ....the freq was my question not the thermals , hmm then maybe my cpu does not reach 2.8ghz .... or maybe is just the windows ... this is not apple to apple ..... still waiting for a bios update from CW
  4. B

it would be intresting to see if you can sustain full clocks during prime95 or other tools on PL1 - 20W ....
  5. B

yes because J64xx is tunned more for low power devices/IOT then N5xxx which is for low end laptops/desktops... same architecture same node different "tune"
  6. B

yes ... all of those are default :) i think you should check for the gap and mitigate it .... you will get way better temps. i have the exact same model. do you have windows installed ? im curious if your unit boosts and maintains 2.8 ghz until thermal limit if you put PL1 to at least 20w...
  7. B

yes...CW mobos have the unlocked bios ...changed a lot of settings ... few actually have an impact on perf or power
  8. B

that is why i asked here for ppl to take a look.... the main issue is that , at least mine, will not do 2.8 with 20w or 30w PL1 ... i dont want it to pull 12.5W .... i want it to go full speed until it hits thermal limit. That is what i am after.... 12.5w or 15w is not the important part...
  9. B

this is the expected behavior ..... with "no power limits", if there is no thermal issues the cpu should be able to boost all day to max .... mine does not ... that is why i suspect a Bios issue on v3/v4 and im saying we should bomb the support for it .... you have have v1/v2 right ?
  10. B

yes i see the same difference in core /VID can you try running PL1 at 20W without time limit .... in theory you should be capped by temps at some point depending on how good the cooler is. Curious if you can see full speeds. what im trying to get from bios is full clocks and keep the full...
  11. B

yes ... it happens on aida64 also .... as the Chinese guy pointed out ... is a bios issue. if we report it in mass .... maybe they will fix it after they release the V5
  12. B

i sent to similar address pics with my unit and cpu behavior, qq is like their google ecosystem....bios support looks ok-ish for now..last month they released bios for v1/v2 so ... its a 17x17 MB that means you can put it in a regular case, no issue with the cooling .... so i think you can...
  13. B

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004685256832.html
  14. B

ok ... please report to CW this issue .... is drawing way to much power for what clocks we get .... is a bios issue. CW support told me that they are focused on V5 now .... but i think if enough users of V3/V4 push this they will take a better look on the bios. in V1/V2 the N5105 is...
  15. B

the ones with V4 .... what is your sustained cpu freq and package power during boost ? .... does anyones pull 2.79 - 2.8ghz with less then 20w ?