Recent content by burdell

1. B

10Gb NIC for Windows Server

I didn't, I had tried some Win10 drivers on 2019 for something else that didn't work and assumed in general that Win10 drivers weren't compatible but that post you linked seems to indicate they are. If I get a chance, I'll try it again.
  2. B

FYI, I ordered one of the Solarflare cards just out of curiosity and they don't work with Windows Server 2019. Windows reports it as an unrecognized ethernet adapter and Xilinx doesn't offer a 2019 driver. So, for anyone looking for an SFP+ NIC for a whitebox server, the Mellanox MCX311A-XCAT...
  3. B

Thanks everyone for the help with this, I received my Mellanox cards and some SFP+ modules and am happy to report that everything worked fine. Windows Server 2019 recognized the card immediately and connected to the network at 10 Gb. I also ordered a SolarFlare card to try out but it won't be...
  4. B

Thanks everyone, the Mellanox card looks like the best bet, it has the full height bracket I need as well as Win2019 drivers.
  5. B

Agreed, I'm going to order one if no one else replies with specific knowledge about compatibility.
  6. B

I'd rather not fool with adapters and that Solarflare is definitely budget friendly. Any idea if Windows has built-in support for the Xilinix cards?
  7. B

I have an Aruba switch that has 4 10Gb SFP+ ports, I'd like to connect a couple Windows machines to that switch via the 10Gb uplinks. Are the connectx-3 cards backward compatible with a 10Gb SFP+ port? If so, sounds like a winner.
  8. B

Hey, I'm trying to find a cheap NIC for my home Windows server and was hoping someone might have a suggestion. What's a good 10Gb SFP+ NIC that has Windows support? The Intel and Chelsio cards seem to mostly be over a hundred dollars and was hoping to find something a lot cheaper than that. I...
  9. B

Recommended HBAs for Windows Server 2019

I updated the firmware but it just doesn't work. I keep getting lost connection errors, corrupted pool, etc. I would like to have had all my drives on one card but I'll just see if I can return this and get an 8 port LSI card.
  10. B

Thanks, I'll check the firmware version when I get a chance to reconnect the card. The cables I am using that were included with the card are 1m long, I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I am using Toshiba 3TB SATA drives.
  11. B

Well I spoke too soon it seems. It looked good at first but I quickly started getting errors of "Lost Connection". It happens randomly to different drives, has anyone seen this before? I have 7 3TB drives that I've been using for a few years without any problem. Using them with the Adaptec card...
  12. B

Thanks again for the help everyone, got an Adaptec 16i card off ebay that came with the SATA cables and it works perfectly!
  13. B

Tiered Storage Space writing to slow tier (Server2019)

Did you find any solution to this problem? I was considering building an SSD tier for storage spaces but I may skip it now if there is a minimum size it has to be in order to function.
  14. B

Thanks vanfront! That is almost exactly what I'm intending to do, though with SATA drives instead of SAS. I was intending to do tiering with the SSDs but not sure if you can do tiering with a parity setup or not. I'll be experimenting with it after I get the card.
  15. B

That should be fine, I will only be using it with SATA drives