Recent content by Bunker

1. B

Old servers needed (dell 1950-2950)

Looking for dell 1950's or 2950's for non-profit fm radio station. Have 501c3 status so tax deduction letter can be issued for value of servers. Will pay any shipping costs (USA). HDD's are not needed.. Thanks.
  2. B

Recomendation for GPUs for FPM on the cheap.

I need some hardware for folding... Cost is a big factor. Something like Supermicro 1U SYS-6016GT. If i was to purchase a few of these units would a pair desktop graphics cards work like a 650ti.... instead of the telsa. Understanding that the 650ti has 768 cores while the telsa has 2048.. its...
  3. B

Year round garage servers - cooling?

I used a mini split to cool my bunker project, They seem to offer best efficiency.. way more than a portable ac. I know a few peeps who built in a container, often cheaper and more rugged than a shed. Check out the SGI ice cube air.
  4. B

Bunker Server Room

Some updates.. Penetrations in far-wall done and conduit in: 3in to generator site and three 2in to roadside pole. Installed furniture. I now am beginning to build will give explanation of things when finished. Some pictures:
  5. B

Why should I pay more for a server rack ?

The dell 4210's are well built and cheaper than apc for a used solution.. I use legrand/ortronics for everything I do now.. I use mostly rackable systems so I get away with using two posters... but they make this awesome 16" deep 4 poster called the mighty-mo 10. Its super light aircraft grade...
  6. B

Bunker Server Room

I have 3 Ortronics two post racks and random 4 post 32u that will go in. I'm in need of a recommendation on a good ip cam that will provide security and a web broadcast.
  7. B

Bunker Server Room

Update 3/24: The Fujitsu 12RLS is installed. Generator is Next. Started in on the low voltage wiring.
  8. B

Comcast Metro E

Looking for any reviews, experiences or information people have about Comcast's metro E services.
  9. B

Nas4Free USB Dedicated?

Great Idea. Also does a service or software exist with the ability to perform an incremental encrypted imaged windows back up over wan? Because then you could next day air an exact replacement to someone or better yet a fresh ssd... get your restored system and upgrade on the same day. I had...
  10. B

Nas4Free USB Dedicated?

BYOD colo does that exist? I was kinda thinking about usb sticks seeing as 32Gb and 64Gb are common now. I guess byod with a lite low power dedicated nas4free box (Like a Raspberry Pi or atom). So mail in a large amount of data, to access/stream how you like. Say you could mail a 256Gb Usb...
  11. B

Trusty kit you cannot part with!

Like others.. Got a Lenovo x61 that I use every day for network testing, billing, play and now for posting on STH. Four years ago I nervously sold my x31 to buy it, last year it got ssd and 8gb for our anniversary. No paint on keyboard anymore... A true love affair.
  12. B

Nas4Free USB Dedicated?

Anyone think there would be use/market for Nas4free/freenas box with 1Ghz/1GB 8 usb 2.0, static ip and 1.5Mpbs-10Mbps. for $20-30/mo? Bring/swap your own usb storage via post. Even offer owncloud on the box.
  13. B

Bunker Server Room

Wood on left wall is for mini split unit. To be installed this week. Penetrations in far wall will be made this week to meet conduit for fiber/gen-sets. First generator will be unboxed :) Transfer panel will be installed.
  14. B

Bunker Server Room

1) A blurry pic of Power panel being installed. 2) Finished Panel w/ led lighting waiting for gen-set transfer panel.
  15. B

Bunker Server Room

This the new space as it was loaded with stuff: