Recent content by BruFerrit

1. BruFerrit

What brand are the Vertical wall mounts, I am wanting to mount my server case the same way.

What brand are the Vertical wall mounts, I am wanting to mount my server case the same way.
  2. BruFerrit

Newbie: Building a Supermicro home server

I have build my share of computers and a home file server, I just have a Supermicro case and want to get a good motherboard that will fit in it and replace the home file server I am using now. Thanks for the input BlueFox.
  3. BruFerrit

I have been busy with trying to finish up my house and I am still thinking about getting the X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD, however is there a X9 board that would do RAID 5 as the X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD does 0,1,10? If I stick with the X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD what heat sinks would I need (SNK-P0048P)?
  4. BruFerrit

Talked with BlueFox and now looking at a X9DRD-7LN4F-JBOD MB. laroslav, what back plane would I need to use a single HAB?
  5. BruFerrit

Found the correct model for the chassis CSE-216BAC-R920LPB
  6. BruFerrit

I would be using SAS but they would be spindle drives and not going to populate all the bays right off the bat. on a bit of a budget, I got the case for a steal with power supplies.
  7. BruFerrit

I have a CSE-216BE1C-R920LPB chassis and I am looking at a SuperMicro X8DTH-iF with (3) LSI 9300-8i SAS controllers? Would this work? Bruce
  8. BruFerrit

SOLD - FS: Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+, 2x Xeon E5-2630L, and 32GB of DDR3 ECC Ram

thanks, just can't drop 220 dollars yet (house remodel).
  9. BruFerrit

SOLD - FS: Supermicro X9DRi-LN4F+, 2x Xeon E5-2630L, and 32GB of DDR3 ECC Ram

I have a CSE-216BE1C-R920LPB chassis and I am looking for a motherboard for it.
  10. BruFerrit

First Home Server

Thanks Britinpdx, (are you in Oregon?) I will be using a Antec 380-400 watt power supply. was going to use FreeBSD with ZFS. I am looking at the SeaSonic G360 gold power supply
  11. BruFerrit

First Home Server

Glad I found this site as it is full of good information. I am a long time Computer user/builder (Lets just say I know DOS). I am taking my first stab at building a home media/file server and I am looking for some input, so far I have a Hal 932 full tower case, a Asus h97m-plus motherboard & a...