Recent content by Brainbug

1. B

Finally: Overclocking EPYC Rome ES

@haswelliris Zenstates Linux does support dual cpu, but I had issues running the latest github version from the command line as well. I ended up modifying both the "_cpuid" function for rome, for my ES CPU as some of the registers were different, as well as the parser, since certain arguments...
  2. B

@I.nfraR.ed Thanks for making the Linux version. From the k10temp sources, it looks like tctl has a 27C offset. Does this mean that the actual CPU temperatures are 27C lower than reported? Curious, as the idle temp seems high, but matches what is shown in IPMI. (Load gets up to mid 90s...
  3. B

Asus KRPA + Rome ES Build

Using I.nfraR.ed zenstates tool ./zenstates.py --no-gui --oc-frequency 2800 CPUID: 00830f00 Set OC frequency to 2800MHz Model name: AMD Eng Sample: ZS1406E2VJUG5_22/14_N Stepping: 0 CPU MHz: 2794.776 BogoMIPS: 2794.81 However, if I choose something higher than 2850, it...
  4. B

@dassiq I've got mine under water, but be careful of VRM temps. (IR thermometer or Thermocouple helps here)
  5. B

ASUS KRPA-U16 full BIOS dump request

@yesoos Sent you a link to the backup, sorry for the delay.
  6. B

@I.nfraR.ed I'm surprised and impressed that you were able to identify the SMU addresses and commands that would be required. I looked into it briefly with my ES setup, and the SMU returns are less than helpful. Very much appreciate the time and effort you put into it. (Both yourself and...
  7. B

@I.nfraR.ed Thank you very much for this, in a quick test I can confirm that it is working with a KRPA-U16 and ZS14 CPU. (Set --oc-frequency 1550 --oc-vid 64) Impressed that the SMU Commands were found so quickly, considering how little public information there is about the SMU. For others...
  8. B

ASUS KRPA-U16 full BIOS dump request

I've got a KRPA on 0302 still (working with the same ES). I can try and pull the entire chip with a test clip, but you would probably need to flash it the same way, as I doubt the iKVM would accept the full image. **EDIT: It looks like the KRPA has an SPI pin header right next to the WinBond...
  9. B

Asus KRPA + Rome ES Build

Build KRPA-U16 AMD ES ZS1406E2VJUG5 8x16GB PC4-25600 ECC REG First, the pictures Mainboard Installed in the PC (Lian Li X2000) The system boots with the ES processor and BIOS version 0302. It doesn't appear that the BIOS microcode plays a role, as the 0302 BIOS has the same microcode for...
  10. B

SuperMicro H8DG6 Power LED

Bought a new mainboard which came with 6272s in order to do some trouble shooting. Turns out one of the two CPUs and the Mainboard are dead, not sure if the mainboard killed the CPU or vice versa. Typically I can find the cause of the problem (MOSFET, Capacitor etc...) but haven't been able to...
  11. B

SuperMicro H8DG6 Power LED

Looking for a second opinion. My dual socket H8DG6 server suddenly stopped, and will not power back on. - The IPMI status LED does blink, but the DP3 (Power) LED does not power on. - When attempting to power on the system, the PSU fan spins briefly then shuts off. - IPMI status does not detect...
  12. B

FS: Lenovo Thinkpad T440p with Ultra Dock

Sent "conversation" message