Recent content by Blubster

1. B

Lenovo M700/M900 BIOS mod to Coffee Lake CPUs

You should probably use the latest version of coffetime, which is 0.99. You are currently using 0.92 it appears! And yes you have to upgrade vbios/gop to 9.0.1107, you have 9.0.1061. Try that and you should have display before os loads... :) On my side, i can report that i successfully modded 4...
  2. B

Lenovo M700/M900 BIOS mod to Coffee Lake CPUs

Hey guys! I also managed to flash an M700 with a slow G4400T to the latest M710q bios by using the trick mentionned here, copying it to the second half of the dump made using a CH341, then modifying with coffeetime, and finally flashing it without the clock battery plugged in. It works great...
  3. B

EXPIRED Mellanox InfiniBand SX6018 - Switch - EMC only - $300 OBO

Hey guys, i just finished replaced the 6 fans of my SX6018 with Noctua NF-A4x20-FLX. (sorry about the mess... :rolleyes:) It is not very much loaded, all is green so far. It is so much quieter... Temps of course did rise a bit : I'm never going to load the switch with a lot of...
  4. B

Mellanox IS5030 License Issue

Just reporting that i had the same issue with two IS5030, only the top 18 ports work and only at DDR speed, i did not find a way to bypass this yet, the pull tab has nothing on it for me. I guess there is no solution for this?
  5. B

Beware of EMC switches sold as Mellanox SX6XXX on eBay

Hey guys, i'm thinking about getting a SX6018 to replace an IS5022, i need more that 8 ports as this IB switch is now filled and would love to be able to also use ethernet with it to bridge to my regular network. Currently i have mainly Connectx-2 in IB mode, they are not capable of more than...
  6. B

SUCCESS : Flash a Lenovo RD210 motherboard with IBM firmwares???

SUCCESS!!! After a LONG time, and probably by luck, i noticed a parameter of iflash64 i didn't pay attention to before : IBM Command Line IMM Flash Update Utility v1.12.26 Licensed Materials - Property of IBM (C) Copyright IBM Corp. 2009 - 2014 All Rights Reserved. Flash update utility for...
  7. B

Power supply replacement for Supermicro chassis 808t

Thanks you for your input! I'll check what the prices are for the different power supplies and if I find a good deal I'll get a couple of 920sq. Honestly the nodes are fairly quiet, I can't hear them over the current power supply so a quieter one should improve things. I couldn't find any...
  8. B

Thanks for your answer! I did not take a look at the connector to be honest. I did now and i think the PWS-920P-SQ has the narrow connector, based on this picture on supermicro's store : Compared to the 1.2kw model, which has a wider connector in this picture : I don't need 1.2kw of power. I...
  9. B

Hi everyone! I have a client that had two Supermicro Superserver 6016TT-IBXF (most probably) sitting in a rack unused, because they were supposedly no longer working. One of them has a dead power supply (PWS-1K21P-1R), its led does not turn on when power is supplied, no fans are spinning, etc...
  10. B

Hi! Indeed i am interested, i have not found any new information regarding the crossflash of the IMM unfortunately, i would love to try something else... Sorry about the late reply, it seems i don't receive notifications when someone reply in this thread. I will let you know how it worked after...
  11. B

Thanks you so much for your answer! Your IMM build was indeed L6I291E, and it is the same as the one i am currently running (it is also version 1.24 if it matters to anyone). I have tested with iflash versions 1.05.03 and 1.10.05 from IBM packages 1.10 and 1.14 but no dice again unfortunately ...
  12. B

I did other tries, without any success yet. I compared the Lenovo 1.24 package with the IBM 1.24 package, most files are the same (same hash), excluding the readme, the opensourcenotice, a zip file and the .upd files themselves obviously. Lenovo 1.24 : [root@ibm imm-lenovo]# md5sum *...
  13. B

Well it does not seem to work for me, at least yet. Inside vmware, it does not see the IMM "usb adapter", so no communication at all. I tried with a live cd of centos, then a real installation of centos 6.8, it does see the IMM but it does not send anything to it : [root@localhost imm-lenovo]#...
  14. B

WOW! Thanks for your reply! I feel so dumb for seeing it almost a year later (i must have missed the notification). I have not yet tried it as this server is running vmware vsphere at the moment, but i will be sure to pop another hard drive in it, install redhat and try it... To recap, you used...
  15. B

HP X1600 G2 Storage Server $294 ($245 + $50 shipping)

Honestly if i did not find this i would never have been able to use the motherboard at all! I am interested about your experience, as i am still concerned about my health led blinking. I installed everything with the latest SPP, still this led starts blinking as soon as i power up the server. I...