Recent content by bleomycin

1. B

Where are the DDR5 ECC UDIMMs?

Old thread but this is still a bit of a problem. I see 48GB modules are available and shipping now from Kingston: KSM56E46BD8KM-48HM Has anyone tried any of these on the W680 platform?
  2. B

PM863 FW File

Oh? Could be? That firmware was provided by @pimposh here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/pm863-fw-file.18084/post-359451 In his screenshot his Model exactly matches mine so I'm a bit confused if that is the wrong firmware seeing as we seemingly have the same drive?
  3. B

PM863 FW File

*edit* In case anyone from the future finds this I was successful with a different version of the Samsung DC Toolkit (Version 2.1.W.Q.0). I've uploaded the tool to archive.org to preserve it in case someone else needs it in the future: Samsung SSD DC Toolkit For Windows : Free Download, Borrow...
  4. B

u.2 drive cooling?

I know this is an old post but I'm curious how this worked out for you?
  5. B

Advice on purchasing an LSI 9305-24i

I don't mean to hijack the thread too badly but I have a situation where I've run out of pcie lanes but want to add more nvme storage by utilizing some of the pcie add-in cards with plx chips onboard. I have an old norco 4224 4U 24 bay chassis with sff-8087 backplanes. Right now I've got a...
  6. B

Opinions on Western Digital SN840 vs Intel P4510 - Firmware updates available for WD?

I need a large ssd as a super overkill storage drive for an NVR system. Scrubbing high resolution footage lags if it's not on some type of SSD. This is for my personal use and it'll take a lifetime for my cameras to write enough data to wear out one of these things so that isn't a concern. The...
  7. B

Received Connectx-4 Lx stuck in livefish mode. Any ideas?

Bummer. Looking like that's the path forward here too.
  8. B

Thanks! Unfortunately i’ve already done that and it made no difference.
  9. B

Sure! Link to pictures: cx4-lx
  10. B

Got this card off ebay and it came stuck in livefish mode. Seems like this was maybe a lenovo card even though it was advertised as mellanox oem. 01:00.0 Memory controller: Mellanox Technologies MT27710 Family [ConnectX-4 Lx Flash Recovery] flint -d /dev/mst/mt523_pciconf0 query Image type...
  11. B

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

Excellent response and all valid points! I had come to similar conclusions post purchase after thinking about it a little more myself. Patrick and STH did an excellent job in their review of the MS-01 bringing attention to people that this type of issue is even possible and I applaud them for...
  12. B

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

I know this isn't explicitly related to the MS-01 but seeing as this is the only thread on the internet tracking minisforum pcie compatibility issues I can report my BD770i hangs at the initial bios/uefi post screen for 8-10 minutes on every single cold boot & every reboot when an Intel...
  13. B

New 1.8 watt SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T SFP+ Transceivers?

Ubiquiti UACC-CM-RJ45-MG - So I haven't verified anything but judging by the max power usage (1.9w) and max cable length (100m) I'd guess these use the same chipset as the fs.com option for half the price? No idea if they will work with non-ubiquiti equipment though!
  14. B

New 1.8 watt SFP+ RJ45 10GBase-T SFP+ Transceivers?

Sorry for bumping an old thread. Has anyone found an alternative to the fs.com version of these? At $140/each they're a spicy meatball for a home gamer. I'm not super stoked on running the old versions that are so hot they can burn you so i'm likely to pull the trigger on the $140 fs.com version...
  15. B

Samsung PM983 vs PM983a

Old thread but tough to find much info on the PM983a. Anyone know what the latest firmware is for the PM983a? Can the standard PM983 firmware be flashed onto a PM983a?