Recent content by biggles

1. B

eBay spot: Proliant 580 quad-socket 40 cores & 256GB RAM $969us

Yeah and shipping it to me with wrong configuration is really annoying. I’m in EU so this will take forever to solve...
  2. B

eBay spot: Proliant 580 quad-socket 40 cores & 256GB RAM $969us

Finally received the server today. It looked great, with extremely nice packaging. The huge problem is that it only has 8GB ram out of the 256GB promised. The funny thing is that shipping was delayed due to memory shortage. Contacted the seller.
  3. B

Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 2U 4-Node (8 CPU) Cloud Server

Thanks! I am using the LSI mezzanine card. Strange thing is that the other two drives work perfectly fine. It's like that SAS/SATA path is to slow... I'll try them in a different server.
  4. B

I really need some help with my c6100 (Dell C6100 XS23-TY3, 3 HDD per server). I'm using all four nodes and everything works great. Until one hard drive started to act strangely. the third hard drive in the ZFS pool was suddenly offline and I couldn't get it to go online. I thought it was broken...
  5. B

4TB SAS (HGST 7K4000) $154.99

I bought 4... Thanks!
  6. B

Well, this was a false alarm. After testing, retesting, adding drivers to the ESXi installation disk etc etc, I decided to test different BIOS settings. I turned out I had disabled the network card. I thought I just had disabled PXE-booting, but it was the network cards. Doooh! So, move along...
  7. B

Hi there, Received my C6100 XS23-TY3 the other week and started installing it today. Unfortunately it refuses to install ESXi. No matter if I'm trying 4.1 U1, U2 or U3 or 5.1 it stops when trying to load the network module. The most common message is "No network found" or "VMFS module load...