Recent content by besterino

1. B

Working USB-3.0 Cards with an ESXi Server?

I ordered a card with the via chipset for testing which resulted in various serious probs with certain USB devices: in particular my Rode USB NT didn’t work with it at all (apps trying to use it hang, other sound apps - even windows settings - hang even if not directly accessing the mic but in...
  2. B

Will GPU passthru help me?

Well, with NVIDIA you COULD employ streaming via GeForce Experience on the host (works e.g. with Quadro P400 as well as all consumer cards I could grab) - works quite well also via VPN and up to WQHD resolutions. However, it’s a bit more tricky to set up initially, needs a locally logged-in user...
  3. B

Will GPU passthru help me?

Without significant tweaking I guess the GPU won’t be used for remote visuals - with the possible exception of dedicated tasks like GPU rendering in editing software (but still no benefit for remote connections). What you most likely need is a more efficient transfer over the network...
  4. B

Only had that connect/disconnect with one USB device (Logitech mouse) - so it might go away with the Via chipset? Will give it a try!
  5. B

I use cards with Renesas (formerly NEC) chipsets.
  6. B

Gaming instability ESXi 6.7u3b, TR 1950x

This happens to me too. It’s annoying but try switching Passthrough on once you got one (or more) entries of the 1660 and reboot. After reboot all devices relating to the 1660 should be in passthrough mode. Very annoying but no deal breaker. Alternatively, edit/etc/vmware/esx.conf and change...
  7. B

GPU Passthrough to Linux Plex server

Hmm. I have only experience with Windows VMs regarding GPU passthrough. You could try editing passthru.map and for the NVIDIA entry (10de ffff...) change „bridge“ to „link“ or „d3d0“. For Windows as guest OS that’s not required on my 6.5 host for a P400 - but from my experience everything...
  8. B

GPU Passthrough to Linux Plex server

Have you tried in advanced settings "pciPassthru0.msiEnabled = FALSE"? In case you have more than one passthrough'ed device, be sure that the number ("0" behind "pciPassthru") matches the ID of your GPU. Also, that expression above "hypervisor.cpuid.fv0" is incorrect. It must read...
  9. B

Nvidia Gamestream from Quadro Card?

Whopsie, sorry my bad.
  10. B

Once you‘ve set everything up and are sure it’s working, I‘d try setting svga.present=FALSE in the advanced VM settings. This disables the virtual GPU and making you dedicated Passthrough GPU the only one (with the dummy as the default and only display). You will loose the ESXi Web-Console but...
  11. B

No, RDP and game stream are incompatible, i.e. game stream crashes when you log in via RDP, regardless of dummy attached or not. Will only work again after restart (of the VM). I know because I have a dummy attached. ;) Also, game stream only works, if a) a user is logged in and b) the...
  12. B

Works for me with a P400 and Moonlight client. You need to install GeForce Experience manually/separately as it is not included in the Quadro driver package.
  13. B

Tell me about it. Been tinkering with it for years. Currently game in a VM on a 3960X with a 2080Ti passthroughed and have a friend streaming in parallel from another VM with a TitanXp passthroughed on the same rig. It’s just amazing what you can do even with totally unsupported consumer...
  14. B

@mbosma: yes, Error 43 (or a total crash of the VM at VM-boot) is the usual behaviour if one of the settings (advanced setting like msi or in passthru.map) is not correct. From my experience, passthru.map and hyerpvisor.cpuid.v0=false primarily determine whether the VM boots (and reboots)...
  15. B

Note: MSI disabled is no longer required for 2080Ti cards (possibly also other Turing based GPUs). Sometimes you also have to tinker with passthru.map. All those settings depend on the plattform (CPU/Chipset) as well as the GPU, also the specific Mainboard/BIOS may have an impact.