Recent content by berrmich

1. B

Recommendations for upgrading aging All-in-one build

Well I got excited when I saw this post as I'm looking at the same thing. Mine is even more ancient than yours. Supermicro with x3440 xeon, 16gb ram. I'm recovering from a boot disk failure now but I noted that with my hardware, the latest ESXi I can use is 5.5. I'm also running out of room...
  2. B

Older Omni-OS ova file

hmm.. I wonder what I did different before. I set it up long ago so who knows. :) I did have windows server as a VM prior. I haven't imported that back in yet. Maybe that is the difference? Thank you so much for helping, I appreciate your work much.
  3. B

Older Omni-OS ova file

this is probably a stupid question but how do I change the name of the server? Edit: that seems complicated. So my hostname is: Omnios When is use \\omnios\nfs It doesn't find anything. whan I use the \\IP\nfs it works fine.
  4. B

Older Omni-OS ova file

It used to work. It would show up as openindiana. I would connect to it with //openindiana/nfs. I was hoping to duplicate that as I have other software pointing to it.
  5. B

Older Omni-OS ova file

Ok that worked well. Installed napp-it and imported my pools. I was able to add the NFS as a datastore in vSphere. My problem is windows. Windows will not see the share under network. I am able to get to it only by //ip/nfs What am I doing wrong?
  6. B

Older Omni-OS ova file

I'm having to re set up Napp-it all in one due to my primary drive failing. My hardware only works with esxi 5.5. How do I find an older OVA for omniOS? I only see the one for 6.7 which does not work. Thanks!! -Mike
  7. B

Installing and setting up Owncloud on All-in-one with Openindiana

Yes its a bit old. It took me a while to get back around to it. So is it better to set it up as it's own VM on ESX (I have All-in-one setup). -Mike
  8. B

Ok. So in nappit the apache-server and the mysql-server both say disabled. Is this what you mean?
  9. B

Just getting back to this. I'm not sure how to check this? Or how to get to the log-files. Also I noticed I could install this as an ESX image. What would be the advantage / disadvantage to this method? -Mike
  10. B

As above. How do I install owncloud. I see that it is a free addon for nappit. I went to openindiana console and installed both amp and owncloud using the commands on the napp-it page. Now what? I can't connect using http://ip/owncloud.