Recent content by beren

1. B

Power Strip With Individual Power Draw Monitoring?

I mean that's great, but my 7901s are from 2001-2003 and the last firmware update was in 2021. Let us know in another decade if you still get updates :p
  2. B

Inspur-branded LSI9300-8i for $50

$35 now but still not a bad price.
  3. B

Poolsman - ZFS Web GUI for Linux based on Cockpit

I mean, are they going to try to compete against trunas? I don't quite understand the target market. I would love something like this to put on a small _old_ box with a few drives to give to my parents as a nas. This seems perfect, but it's not something they would ever spend money on, they...
  4. B

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

You can't afaik. 2 of the ports you can get breakout cables for DAC or fiber, the other 2 are 40G only. The front ports you could add 10GBase-T if you really wanted to, but it's the worst 10G interface for cost and power use.
  5. B

Sorry if this was answered in this monster thread or somewhere else, but I just got my 6610 with dual rev A power bricks. Would it be quieter to remove one and block it vs leaving it unplugged? Also was thinking using the 40G breakout with DAC might be simpler than front ports, would I lose any...
  6. B

damn you're right. just got home with my serial cable. I thought you were the hacker! :p BTW what's the current recommended JTAG? Seems BDI2000 doesn't exist anymore.
  7. B

Hey @fohdeesha great guide! I just got my 6610. I was thinking of splunking for old licenses on the flash just because, and wondered if upping the baudrate in the bootloader would make it take less time. Anyone ever tried that?
  8. B

WTB low profile bracket AOC-STGN-i2S

Anyone have a spare?
  9. B

pfSense and FreeBSD Pull Back on Kernel WireGuard Support

There's an experimental module for opnsense now, written by the wireguard dev not netgate.
  10. B

pfSense adding WireGuard VPN and pfSense Plus

If only I could get wireguard on my asus ac3100 routers :-(
  11. B

pfSense adding WireGuard VPN and pfSense Plus

Looks like the official version can be used experimentally in opnsense now, according to
  12. B

FreeBSD 13/WireGuard/pfSense 2.5

OpnSense has the offical wireguard-kmod in experimental now, not the pulled module. I hear it's a lot faster.
  13. B

SMB direct or NFS

What did you find out?
  14. B

SuperMicro's PSU Compatibility Table is Missing! Oh no!

I did this! It does work without letting out the magic smoke :-) I'm waiting for a PDB-PT826 for the better wires and current support but the PWS-1K28P-SQ are amazingly quiet!
  15. B

SuperMicro 936 PSU and PDB upgrade

I'm thinking of doing this for my server, my question is what do you do for gpu power? My backplane takes 4 of the 6 molex connectors, my motherboard has 2 8pin 12v power cables. I'm left with a 4 pin 12v and 2x molex. Right now I am putting a 1060 in, but what if I wanted a 1080ti or better? Do...