Recent content by Bashed

1. B

How to configure range of static IPs (/22) in Ubuntu 16 Server?

I’m having trouble getting a /22 subnet working on an Ubuntu 16 server. From the outside world, I cannot ping any IPs assigned to VLAN except .2 Ubuntu Server Network Config: root@server15:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces # This file describes the network interfaces available on your system #...
  2. B

Trace Bandwidth Spikes

Having a hard time here, hopefully someone here can help. One server in question (Centos 6.8) has bandwidth sky rocketing to about 100MBps consistent. It's running cPanel control panel and none of the accounts are using much bandwidth. I cannot figure out how to trace where the spike is coming...
  3. B

Frustrating Java + Supermicro IPMI

Ahhhhh....so annoying with these Java popups! Still getting the popups "You need the latest Java(TM) Runtime Environment. Would you like to update now?" I'm at a loss. I'm running the latest Java, have "enable java content in the browser" enabled, and whitelisted the IP address for the web...
  4. B

SuperMicro IPMI Pop-Up Error

Would appreciate help on this please.
  5. B

Desperately hoping for help here. This pop-up is so annoying.
  6. B

No there isn't
  7. B

Anytime I log into my SM IPMI via web GUI I get these annoying pop-ups that say "You need the latest Java(TM) Runtime Environment. Would you like to update now?" How do I fix this? I can still use all the functions as is but it keeps popping up when I change pages. Frustrating.
  8. B

Can't detect single drive on SAS6 with Dell R410

Trying to install centos 6.8 off USB. Have one drive installed and SAS controller enabled but Centos is only picking up USB drive not the 1TB SATA. During boot it shows up though. How do I work around this? Screenshots Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet Imgur: The most awesome...
  9. B

Network Latency Issue on 2 Servers

I already tried autoneg on for speed and duplex too, both switch and server
  10. B

Ran a full hardware diagnosis via Dell Life Cycle Controller. All passed. Would appreciate any more help, brainstorming. On a side note, the Cisco 3750 is stacked (2 units), each unit has a 16GBps forwarding capacity, 32GBps combined. Is it safe to assume bottle-necking is involved if my...
  11. B

How can it be an IP conflict? Cisco cannot route the same IPs to 2 different VLANs, plus these are 2 servers with issues not one.
  12. B

Yes I'm baffled here. I tried scp between my problematic servers to the local NAS and vice versa, slow. No probelm between good servers > NAS locally. The servers are running with SSD, RAID 0 on H700 PERC. I have similar good servers with the same exact config with no issue.
  13. B

No, just one NIC card / port used per server Already done that, stated in my original post. Replaced NIC card, different port on server, different port on switch, new cables.
  14. B

VLAN Name Status Ports ---- -------------------------------- --------- ------------------------------- 2 VLAN2 active Gi1/0/13 93 VLAN93 active Gi1/0/12 Cisco3750#show run interface g1/0/12 Building...
  15. B

Output from switch on the 2 ports... Cisco3750#show interface Gi1/0/13 GigabitEthernet1/0/13 is up, line protocol is up (connected) Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet, address is 001f.6c8a.938d (bia 001f.6c8a.938d) MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1000000 Kbit, DLY 10 usec, reliability 255/255, txload...