Recent content by bashdan

1. B

Overclock your AMD Epyc

VRM should be good until about 95 C for non-regular (24/7) use. I got a bit over 20K score on R20 with 32@3.150GHz (7601) x2. I am not sure why yours would be more than 10% lower. I ran 31.5x (1.05V) 24/7 for a long time and had VRM at 97 C irregularly, but usually under 90 C and it seemed fine.
  2. B

Upgrade time: more cooling, more cores, more RAM, more better

The Phanteks case (for me) was the one that could be clearly modified to be an upward-air motion instead of a front-to-back air motion, because of the orientation of the sockets on H11DSi and, advertised clear SSI-EEB support. I only found 4-5 good alternatives in my decision. There are other...
  3. B

Upgrade time: more cooling, more cores, more RAM, more better

This is a piece of art to me! I have the same case (although in white, and same mobo) for my setup. Is your 12-pin ATX long enough to make it around without an extension? I feel like I could get an extra 100MHz or so out of my overclocks with some VRM cooling. Did you find any air-based mounting...
  4. B

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I've used both the python script (zenstates.py) on Linux and the GUI on Windows. Using Overclock your Ryzen CPU from Linux as a loose guide for setting values, I started with modest overclocks (27.5x, 1.000V). To translate the values I wrote a little python to get the hex values and the formula...
  5. B

Overclock your AMD Epyc

I would like to send a big thanks to you guys for doing this tinkering and making this software. I made a nice machine recently with 16x8GB 2666MHz RDIMMs and 2x EPYC 7601 that I now got running stable at 31x, 1.019V on my H11DSi.