Recent content by barmalej

1. B

GIGABYTE MB10 Datto Motherbaord Xeon D-1521 with I/O Shield - $130 + shipping

No go for me. Same errors with 886. Did you do anything else? What bios version do you have on the board?
  2. B

Add TPM to Supermicro Motherboard?

Has anyone got TPM working on Supermicro H11SSL? I have that mobo with 2nd gen Epyc. I bought AOM-TPM-9665V, but cannot enable TPM in esxi. I also noticed that a most of the settings described in the manual under Trusted Computing are missing. Wondering if AOM-TPM-9665V-S is required. esxcli...
  3. B

Configuring Dell NICs in non-Dell servers

I bought what turned out to be a Dell OEM X550-T2 a few years back. Now, I installed it into my new ESXi build hoping to use it for networking. It appears in the console as "Intel(R) Ethernet 10G 2P X550-t Adapter". I was planning to enable and use SR-IOV, but it appears as "not capable" in...
  4. B

H11SSL-i and a quad m.2 adapter

I was right about U.2 cables - new cables fixed the issue.
  5. B

Yeah I tried slots 1 - 4. I think I have 2 different issues, Dell adapters and U.2 cables. I had another U.2 SSD laying around - same issue. Ordered a new set of cables.
  6. B

They worked fine in Cisco and HP servers before From a quick Google search I found these 2 part numbers: 23PX6 and 80G5N. The SMBIOS log is empty. I misspoke, the system won't even post. It would just continue running fans on the high and nothing appears on the screen I connected both 4 and...
  7. B

All adapters were tested before. The system won't even boot with an empty dual adapter. If it makes any difference these are all Dell adapters. Just tried an empty Asus quad - works fine. Also booted fine with PCIe to dual SFF-8643 adapter after I disconnected U.2 SSDs. Also tested with a single...
  8. B

I tried a quad and a dual populated m.2 adapters as well as a dual PCI to SFF-8643 with 2 attached u.2 drives. The board won't boot no matter what, won't even show the boot splash screen. I tried to bifurcate the slot before inserting the adapters, but the board still hangs. Works fine when I...
  9. B

This was triggered by the power outage. Where can I measure P_VCCIN_P0?
  10. B

I am getting these errors: P_VCCIN_P0: Voltage sensor P_1V05_BXD: Voltage sensor Clearing the event log used to work for other errors, but now I cannot even start - the power button is unresponsive. All I can do is to clear the log and restart BMC, that's it.
  11. B

Has anyone figured out a way around this voltage sensor issue? Mine was working fine for almost 2 years (since I got the whole Datto unit used on ebay) until the recent power outage, that took down my UPS as well as this motherboard - now in a different chassis. It wouldn't start anymore and...
  12. B

Dell R740XD latch

Maybe it was deformed, but it's not broken
  13. B

Dell R740XD latch

It is closed all the way. Same problem if I remove the cover completely. Found a server with similar problem on ebay: DELL PowerEdge R620 H710P Mini 7x FANS 10x SFF Server Chassis - Lid Latch Fault | eBay - better pictures
  14. B

Cisco C3850 Network module

Has anyone tried C9300 network modules on C3850. Long time ago I stumbled upon an article that I can't find anymore, where the author claimed that after a firmware update c3850-nm-2-40gb module stopped working on C3850, yet C9300-NM-2Q worked just fine. These are 40gb modules, I am mostly...
  15. B

Dell R740XD latch

Scored a free R740XD at work, but it has an interesting problem, the latch on the top cover doesn't go all the way in. I have a small rack and it touches the server above even when it's completely closed. I noticed that here is a small pin inside that could be on the way - it's hard to tell. I...