Recent content by bambi123

1. B

LGA 1700 Alder Lake "Servers"

I do not have that exact RAID card, but my HighPoint 4520 which is also an PCIE-2 x8 like yours and I had the same kind of issue, it only works in the 1st x16 slot and not in the 2nd x16 slot. I suspected it was due to how the bifurcation works on them 2 slots and trying to use an very old PCIE2...
  2. B

Idle power savings upgrade path

I have just gone from a dual Intel 2660v2 Xeon 32GB memory system to an single CPU 12700K 64GB memory with the other hardware being the same. The other hardware being 2x 10GB networks, RAID card, SAS Expander, and 20 WD RED drives. My idle / base draw went from 250 Watts to under 100 Watts...
  3. B

I have updated to the new 2.0 BIOS, and completed a new install of windows 2019 - updated / imported all the VM's no BSOD and working really well. However like you the I225 NIC is playing up - on our test power down and power up / reset and reboot cycles - sometimes the I225 NIC disappears -...
  4. B

My Noctua is the NH-D12L cooler/fan Yes both M.2 are connected to the PCH,.
  5. B

Same for me like I said, the system is running great - current uptime 7 days so far, with 10 VM running. Like @Weapon instability was only apparent during the install, setup phase. I will have to in the next few days, try and re-install as the current OS is corrupt somewhere unable to install...
  6. B

I have this set to POWER ON, in case of a power cut, the motherboard powers on when power is restored.
  7. B

1. I have a Noctua cooler and fan installed, and it spins too slow, so it shows as critical on BMC Webgui. 2. If you hit F12 while booting it should launch the builtin EFI shell. You have may have removed it from the boot menu in the BIOS. But I still suspect there is somesort of BIOS bugs with...
  8. B

My temps are very low.
  9. B

Sorry cannot run cinebench the server is in use with hyper-v's running. The CPUZ returns - 12700K single thread 770, multi thread 7514 , this is with the E-cores disabled, and 10 hyper-v VM's running.
  10. B

I have the 12700K installed, do not have a dGPU installed, but can run CPUZ bench if you want to compare. My PL1 and PL2 settings are defaulted on my board.
  11. B

I am not using the built GPU of the CPU, so is it worth me disabling the GPU? But the question then becomes in my case could also be the ASPEED 2600 GPU / DRIVER causing the problem rather than the CPU GPU.
  12. B

This is going to be a bit long but I suspect the X13SAE(-F) has some sort of stability issue, and I think it is related to the BIOS. Installed Server 2019, and everything worked great - even Hyper-V which is not meant to work with the E-cores enabled. Installed all drivers and moved our VM's...
  13. B

Supermicro X13SAE-F W680 Motherboard Mini-Review

Yes trying to understand the firmware update. So using the bootmenu boot in to the built UEFI shell with a FAT32 usb key plugged in to holding the firmware files.
  14. B

Has anyone updated the BMC and Firmware? Confused by the firmware update process, the BMC can be done via the web-gui.
  15. B

Anyone know what the BMC Settings / Host Interface tab does - I notice it creates a NDIS Interface device in windows when enabled.