Recent content by Balteck

1. B

Resetting Brocade VDX 6740T

Which fw version do you use? There is a known issue with 7.4.1 and 7.4.0ab https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000090920
  2. B

Another user on the forum used a Verbatim 8 GB with success
  3. B

Did you get accound disabled or wrong password for root?
  4. B

If root account is enable you can use this procedure: Open a CLI session to the switch. 2. Log in as root. 3. At the prompt, enter the noscli command to start the Network OS command line. switch:root> noscli 4. Enter global configuration mode. switch# configure terminal Entering configuration...
  5. B

Go on first post and click on the guide Resetting ROOT Account on DELL website. You will reset the users admin, user and root with default password. The root account, disabled by default, is reserved for development and manufacturing. The user account is read-only and used primarily for...
  6. B

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

You posted in the wrong thread. Here you will find the guide to reset the password and check if your unit has licenses installed: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/resetting-brocade-vdx-6740t.33678/
  7. B

Brocade VDX 6740

I've got a VDX6740T and I discovered that connection at 10Gb is unstable with another switch that uses a 10GBase-T SFP+ Transceiver. As described here: Solution: A link becomes unstable between a port on VDX6740T and a port that uses 10GBase-T SFP+ | Extreme Portal the solution is to update the...
  8. B

Brocade VDX 6740T-56-1G Switch as 10Gbe RJ45

Thank you very much. I wrote him and meanwhile I will update the switch with new fw version. I hope to use 10Gbe ports for my home lab soon.:)
  9. B

If I can help you, what difficult did you get? Wiring or Software configuration?
  10. B

Thank you very much. I was in doubt because the hostname changed as well to sw0. So I will check the CF and upgrade the fw to new version is it better to update from noscli (FTP/SCP) from 5.0.1c to 7.4.1b or make a netinstall from USB? The actual config is not mine, so at the end I wish to have...
  11. B

Do you think does it have a base license or did I lose them with password reset procedure? Or are they hidden beacuse it is part of a fabric?
  12. B

I tried the command and I got this: sw0# show license all The cluster has 1 switches rbridge-id: 40 No entries available for rbridge-id 40 sw0# sh dpod rbridge-id: 40 48 10G ports are available in this switch 4 40G ports are available in this switch No 10G Port Upgrade license is...
  13. B

Hello folks, I've found on Ebay a cheap Brocade VDX 6740T-56-1G. I've bought it without having any information, but the company dismissed it because is a EOL/EOS switch. So, I've built a USB Mini-B serial cable and I've booted it. I've followed the tutorial to reset password on Dell site and...
  14. B

Or, You can build a cable with USB/RS232 converter embedded: USB to Serial FTDI on Amazon UK USB Cable on Amazon UK Now, follow these steps: 1) Cut the USB Type A connector of USB Cable (Pic) and you will find inside the cable, 4 little wires: Red, White, Green and Black (Pic) 2) link the...
  15. B

It is not possible to connect the mini USB of ICX to a regular USB port on PC, because the mini USB is not a real USB port. So, after you build the correct cable, you "speak" with the switch in a old serial way, that's why you have a DB9 connector to the other side. If your PC/Laptop needs a...