Recent content by balnazzar

1. B

EU FS: ***UPDATED 26-05-2023*** Intel Xeon CPUs, Supermicro motherboards, DDR4 ECC memory RAM

I also made business with tesla100. Can confirm he's a realiable source!
  2. B

"Memory Drive" no longer possible?

I knew it.. :-/ Thanks.
  3. B

You mean a ramdisk? No, it's quite the contrary.. With memory drive, you can use a very low-latency ssd (Optane) as RAM.
  4. B

Hi folks. I noticed that the Memory Drive software for Optane ssds in no longer downloadable from the Intel's site. Has it been dropped, or it's just that I'm unable to find it?? Thanks.
  5. B

Understanding IOPS vs. Latency (in Random read/write)

I ended up picking a Samsung 983 ZET 480gb on ebay.. Couldn't resist, it was quite cheap (203 bucks shipped). Used but with less than 2 Tb written. In the end, I managed to get some kind of poor man's Optane drive :D Will use it as system drive and for swap and the smaller datasets. As main...
  6. B

Mhh, the review is a bit suspect TBH.. Firstly, note that the guy seems to just pay attention to seq performance. Then, in the review he says "uh, the pc all of a sudden became very slow". Still, he was getting over 6Tb/s versus the original ~7Tb/s. No way that he could have "felt" this without...
  7. B

That's spites me quite a bit.. It seems that there is no reliable source upon which one can make a "best buy"... :-/
  8. B

https://www.servethehome.com/seagate-firecuda-530-1tb-nvme-ssd-review-sustained-write-king/2/ Particularly: https://www.servethehome.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/Seagate-Firecuda-530-1TB-CrystalDiskMark-1GB.png Also: Is the FireCuda 530 the fastest NVMe yet?
  9. B

Guys, I was eyeing the P5510. Top-notch reliability and PLP. It's not an Optane drive, that's for sure, but look at the review.. Intel P5510 NVMe Enterprise SSD Review It does over 700K IOPS with a latency of just 165 microseconds at low loads (presumably, low QD and threads). That's mazing...
  10. B

Mh, no, as a matter of fact. I thought that a power loss could break any ssd if it was writing something at that instant...
  11. B

Of course an Optane would be the ideal solution. But I need 2Tb bare minimum, and I have 500 EUR budget. At this price, not even heavily used units on ebay can be had, sadly. As I imagined. I can live with the shorter life of the consumer ssd, but one thing that pisses me off is the absence of...
  12. B

Thanks for your reply. Indeed I should have provided more info. It's an AI workstation, I work mainly with tabular data and NLP/NLU, so the ssd will read/write a lot of very small files. Queue depth will not be more than 8-16, but more likely it will be 1-2-4 the vast majority of times. What...
  13. B

I was wondering if you could help me understanding the importance of IOPS vs. Latency in SSDs. Allow me to give a bit of context. I'm trying to decide between Firecuda 530 and Samsung PM9A3 for an AI-gpu workstation. These are very different beasts, the latter being an enterprise drive, but...
  14. B

EU Gigabyte RTX 3090 TURBO 24Gb - with accessories

Hi Folks. I sell the video card in subject. Very slightly used, no scratches, dents, or defects whatsoever. Honestly, it had spent almost one year sitting in my workstation and doing nothing, for I have access to a DGX station owned by my employer. Additionally, I can include a sealed...